Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
spavanko
Croatia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,
I got question regarding troll tokens. I have read othear threads but nobody seems to give clear answer of how the tokens are distributed in tied kingdoms.

Lets have an example:
We have a 2 player game. Its the end of the first age. There are 4 tied kingdoms.
1st player have troll tokens: 1,3,4,
2nd player have troll tokens: 2,5.
I wanna now how to resolve tied kingdoms:

1st variant:
1st player automatically wins all 4 tied kingdoms (8>7).

2nd variant:
Tokens are distributed how every player wants.
Lets take a look at the 1st tied kingdom. 1st player puts token 4, and 2nd player puts token 5 on that kingdom. On the second tied kingdom 1st player puts token 3 and 2nd player puts no token. And on the third tied kingdom 1st player puts token 1, and 2nd player puts token 2. Fourth kingdoms stays tied.
So looking like that, 2nd player wins two tied kingdoms compared to 1st variant were 1st player wins all tied kingdoms.
The only question for this 2nd variant is who is the first playet which starts to "bid" for tied kingdom. Maybe the solution would be that those tokens are secretely revealed from hand when resolving tied kingdom.

So what do you think, whats the right way to resolve troll tokens? Do you play by first or second variant?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben G
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 15, under the "Tribe of Trolls" section:

Quote:
Troll tokens have no value in themselves, but they are used to break ties for control of the Kingdoms at the end of the Age. The tied player with the highest total value of Troll tokens wins the tie. If still tied, the higher numbered Troll token wins the tie.

<emphasis mine>

Your "first variant" is the correct way to play according to the rule book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pouyan A.
United States
Mission Viejo
California
flag msg tools
mb
What Ben said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.