5 Posts

Mythic Battles: Pantheon» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wolfgang G.
msg tools
1) Empty deck and searching

The rules say: if you draw a card and there is no card in your deck anymore, you shuffle and do the refilling procedure. Let’s say I have drawn my last card. So now the deck contains 0 cards. This does mean that I do not shuffle yet. What now if I am allowed to search for a card in my deck like with Athena (Strategist), Agamemnon (search for 1 Art of War) or the Leader talent or if I spend one Art of War Card to search for a specific card. Does this imply that I have to reshuffle now or does this fizzle because I cannot search an empty deck?

2) Ares, end of activation

Ares two powers say: at the end of his activation. Is it possible to do both powers in one activation?

3) Leonidas, Guard & Wall of Shields

When Leonidas declares Guard for another unit and now becomes the target of an attack instead of the one he guards. Can he now also declare Wall of Shields and then redirect to another unit in his surroundings?

4) Orion

Orion says he re-rolls any blank result in an attack against a monster. Is this optional? This would imply that he never can throw a monster and cannot use his tracking power against monsters.

5) Cerberus special attack (or other monster) and Perseus

If the Cerberus wants to attack a unit in Perseus area with the three-headed-bite and Perseus declares guard. Does the attack fizzle because Perseus ignores all powers and talents from monsters affecting him?
How about an area attack of a Monster like the Blazing Breath of the Cerberus and the Guard ability of Perseus.

6) Acamas

Acamas’ power molten metal allow him to make an area attack on the area where the target unit he attacked is in. He also has the mights throw ability. Now: If he successfully throws a unit. Does he make the molten metal area attack on the area the unit previously was or where it is now?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As for Question 1:

I'd say if your deck is empty you cannot search it. You'd first have to form a new deck by drawing card(s).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rano Noah
Germany
flag msg tools
the tickler wrote:
As for Question 1:

I'd say if your deck is empty you cannot search it. You'd first have to form a new deck by drawing card(s).

I don't think so. Rules say, whenever you are in need of drawing a card, and your deck is empty, you immediately form a new deck. I would say that also counts for searching your deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heisenberg81 wrote:
the tickler wrote:
As for Question 1:

I don't think so. Rules say, whenever you are in need of drawing a card, and your deck is empty, you immediately form a new deck. I would say that also counts for searching your deck.

This is the way we are playing it until we get an official ruling. We ran in to it here: Re: Some questions from tonight's game.

The exact wording from the RAW is:
"When one player cannot draw a card because their deck has run out....."

Our logic is that a search always results in a draw...so if you don't have a deck, you can't search/draw, so it requires a refresh.

From other posts, seems people are ruling both ways with it. Definitely need an official ruling in a FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wolfbert wrote:

2) Ares, end of activation

Ares two powers say: at the end of his activation. Is it possible to do both powers in one activation?

Both are Active powers, so as long as Ares does simple actions there is no reason he can't do both as long as he pays the associated costs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.