Subject: After 3 games, my daughter wants to join. How do we add her? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
montag 66
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I completed 3 games last night with only 2 players (no automa). Today I was going to start game 4 with automa(s) but know my daughter wants to join. How do we add her and should we also add one or more automas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
montag: Thanks for your question. Whether you add Automas is up to you at this point. As for adding your daughter, let her choose a charter and give her an equitable amount of glory, capacity, coins, resources, cards, etc--it all depends on what you and your wife have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
montag 66
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jamey. Will she be at a significant disadvantage by only have one or two buildings in her chosen Charter? My wife and I have 6 each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have minions unlocked, she may suffer a slight disadvantage. But it will probably be more fun for her if she is in control of how her charter develops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Watson
United States
Barrington
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing to add, other than that this thread made me smile: your daughter, seeing you and your wife play, wanted to join in; Charterstone allows that; and the designer was here right away to explain how.

Happy holidays!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
montag 66
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, what a great game. She was drawn in after watching us play. Here is our solution to add her with balance...
Spoiler (click to reveal)
We gave her a minion, 4 coins, the building card that was used to place a building on the Coal Charter (that was previously not used by a player, now it is hers), and then immediately let her open that crate so she would have a Persona and a few building cards to use. We also gave her an assistant. We let her start game 4 with Persona, assistant, building, minion, 4 coins and one coal. We also gave her 17 Glory and one capacity point to be even with us.

She loved game 4 and are playing game 5 in a bit.

Thanks Jamey!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.