Subject: Spoiler: Building question from Game 3 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
montag 66
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can build a new building over an existing building in my charter, correct? We just finished game 3 and I did just that. I was reading just now in the general forum and someone made a comment suggesting that o certainly all of their 6 charter spaces were full, they didn't have anywhere else to build. Now I'm confused.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
montag: By default, no, you cannot do that. The core rules state that you can only construct buildings on empty plots in your charter.

However, there is a version of rule 18 you will find at some point that updates that rule and allows you to construct on top of buildings. If you have the version of rule 18 with some red text under "2. Benefit," then you are playing correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
montag 66
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh shoot,we do not have that special rule. Any smooth wat to "undo" that as we are about to start game 4?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not a gamebreaking thing, especially since you'll probably unlock that rule soon. So just keep playing as normal, but don't build on top of other buildings until you unlock that rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.