Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Consider Phlebas
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that “At any time, except while surfaced, the Captain can trigger a mine....”

This seems to me like you only need your systems breakdown-free during mine deployment.

Also, my paper rule book is different from what is at http://www.matagot.com/IMG/pdf/SONAR_RULES_EN_lr.pdf in that the link puts dropping and activating the mine in one section (My paper rules put them in separate sections.). The digital rule book seems to reinforce the idea that dropping the mine is the “activation” action and detonating the mine can be done so long as you aren’t surfaced, regardless of repair state.

Does this sound right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
Training field technicians at trade school level
badge
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it."
mbmbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1630118/designer-answer-sys...

So not exactly right. Systems need to be breakdown free for detonation also!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohan Lemonnier
France
flag msg tools
Hi folks.
You're right, Wledewlet, red systems (weapons) need to be breakdown free for detonation as well.

Merry Christmas !

Yohan, designer of Cpt SONAR.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aimee Wood
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Related question - can you drop and activate a mine simultaneously? Or does the captain have to announce at least one move in between?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
Training field technicians at trade school level
badge
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it."
mbmbmbmbmb
SnowyShasta wrote:
Related question - can you drop and activate a mine simultaneously? Or does the captain have to announce at least one move in between?

Did you click that link?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aimee Wood
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, on a slow connection so just found this thread. Apologies for the redundant question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohan Lemonnier
France
flag msg tools
Hi !
You must ALWAYS give one order between 2 systems activations.

Cheers.

Yohan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.