Popular Tags: [View All]
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
Is this going to have the (idiosyncratic) laser cut counter or die cut ones?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

We have re-synchronized our idio(t)s at VPG and no longer manufacture laser-cut counters. They will be individually DIE cut (with rounded corners!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
Alan Emrich wrote:
Quote:

We have re-synchronized our idio(t)s at VPG and no longer manufacture laser-cut counters. They will be individually DIE cut (with rounded corners!).

Excellent!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't be too hard on yourself - Some of us managed to have fun with the laser-cut counters. Some of us even figured out how to have fun with the pre-laser-cut counters!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan Emrich wrote:
We have re-synchronized our idio(t)s at VPG and no longer manufacture laser-cut counters.

YAY!

(So this means that we should read "Scorched Earth card" in the thread title of Scorched Earth card as "Scorched-Earth card" and not as "Scorched Earth-card"...)

Quote:
They will be individually DIE cut (with rounded corners!).

Uh-oh: I hope this does not mean side nubs. (I often see counters with pre-rounded corners do it by having side nubs instead of corner nubs.) :/

I'd much rather have corner nubs, which are easy to clip off.

---

(Unfortunately, I measured and found that the game is literally too big for my table...) :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Uh-oh: I hope this does not mean side nubs. (I often see counters with pre-rounded corners do it by having side nubs instead of corner nubs.) :/

I am so with you!! Not only do they have corner nubs, but I believe they have only 2 instead of 4. I would have to re-check the countersheets to be sure, but that's what I recall seeing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan Emrich wrote:
Quote:

I am so with you!! Not only do they have corner nubs, but I believe they have only 2 instead of 4. I would have to re-check the countersheets to be sure, but that's what I recall seeing.

Cool. After posting, I later saw some (prototype/playtest?) countersheet images, and the die cutting does look pleasingly smooth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.