Martin Chudarek
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Hi guys, I quiet like all these games. I like fantasy, I'm big Talkien's fan and can't really decide which of these games would be a good fit for me. I like pirate themed stuff aswell as Fe thé walking dead, So would like to hear from you, If you could help me out a bit with this descision. Because my budget Is limited I can afford a Basic game and oné or maybe two expansions ať a time. Thanx alot for helping me out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denmark
flag msg tools

Zombicide BP is a good choice for a new gamer, its good simple fun
If you only get 1 expansion get Wulfsburg(new zombie type,4 heroes,abomination and scenarios).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barx M
United States
Kent
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I was selecting one of these games to own/play I would get Massive Darkness. I like that the difficulty scales with the number of players so you don’t need to play multiple characters if you don’t have six players. I also enjoy the character, loot progression, and mini variety a tiny bit better than ZBP.

However, this is just personal preference and you should do your own research to see what looks like it will fit your group best. There are all kinds of gameplay videos on YouTube and great reviews here on BGG. I would strongly suggest watching a few play through videos for each game so you can ensure you are getting the one that gets you the most bang for your buck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Tucker
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
A game is a series of decisions; a good game is a series of interesting decisions
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They're fairly different games.
Zombicide and Massive Darkness are pure co-op games.
I highly recommend Zombicide: Black Plague over the original iteration, by the way.

The Others is a 1vAll game.

Rum & Bones is a 1v1 game. (There are rules for playing with more players, but my understanding is that this is really by far best as a 1v1 game.)

How many players do you typically play with?
Do they have preferences for lighter or heavier games?
Do they have preferences with regards to cooperative games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
++++ ++++
Greece
flag msg tools
.. is here!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My choice would be: MD > ZBP > TO > R&B

The reason is because MD shares many similarities with ZBP but has a cooler progression system and draws it's theme from the entire fantasy world and not just zombies. The others is a '1 Vs all' type of game, which Im not a big fan of and finally R&B is a MOBA game, which for me means much lower replay value than the others mentioned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.