Hassan Lopez
United States
Greenfield Center
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My apologies if this has been answered already.

I see a SPECIAL icon in the upper-right portion of several companion cards.

When you recruit one such companion, do you automatically "get" this SPECIAL icon as long as the companion is with you? Do you need to have the companion "equipped" to gain access to the SPECIAL icon? If the companion is exhausted, do you lose the icon?

And, to clarify, does this mean that when a test references that icon, you get a re-roll?

--------
This is a bit confusing to me, because it seems different than the SPECIAL icons located on Weapons - which mean something different (i.e., you gain a reroll when using that weapon only if you already possess that SPECIAL icon).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
It means you need that special token in order to recruit the companion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hassan Lopez
United States
Greenfield Center
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:

Ahhh! So, it's equivalent to "cost" (in Caps) for assets. That's why it's in the upper-right. I get it now. I assume if you don't have that icon, you simply discard the companion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
severian73 wrote:
bleached_lizard wrote:

Ahhh! So, it's equivalent to "cost" (in Caps) for assets. That's why it's in the upper-right. I get it now. I assume if you don't have that icon, you simply discard the companion.

No.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hassan Lopez
United States
Greenfield Center
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry - I never mentioned this, and now I see I've made myself look like an idiot!

*** SPOILERS ***

Spoiler (click to reveal)
This second question was in reference to a quest card that allowed me to search through the asset deck for the first companion I found. I could then add the companion if their requirement was met (this was the part that tripped me up). Since I couldn't meet the requirement (didn't have the necessary SPECIAL icon), I was supposed to discard it. This all has nothing to do with Companions that show up in the shop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
severian73 wrote:
Sorry - I never mentioned this, and now I see I've made myself look like an idiot!

*** SPOILERS ***

Spoiler (click to reveal)
This second question was in reference to a quest card that allowed me to search through the asset deck for the first companion I found. I could then add the companion if their requirement was met (this was the part that tripped me up). Since I couldn't meet the requirement (didn't have the necessary SPECIAL icon), I was supposed to discard it. This all has nothing to do with Companions that show up in the shop.

Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.