Lords of Hellas» Forums » General

Subject: Storage/insert rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Olkhen the Gamer

New York
msg tools
mb
How do people store stuff in the box? After removing punchboards it looks like the board will be on top of the minis, bending some of them (especially shpinx) . And it doesnt look like there is a place for army/hero board. At this moment i put them between minis and the board, but it might slight and still bend minis.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stavros tsiakalos
msg tools
mbmbmb
I haven't received mine yet, but I plan to put the board underneath the insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olkhen the Gamer

New York
msg tools
mb
I thought about it, but that insert is kinda pain to remove and put back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gun Coaty
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mb
I remember in the kickstarter comments, they said their redesign would cause everything to not fit so well, so to make everything fit better, Ill be getting a paper sleeve (1 sheet plastic) and I will put the character templates in that and store them outside the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Hoehener
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I will probably build my own insert out of foam core once i receive the game. I do that for most of my games that have lots of minis. this way most of the time, you can make everything fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olkhen the Gamer

New York
msg tools
mb
If you don't mind, when you make it, please post some pictures of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Hoehener
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Olkhen wrote:
If you don't mind, when you make it, please post some pictures of it.

Will do. But takes a while. I have the German version and its delivery is not on the horizon yet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my copy and it is indeed the case that there are several minis that stick out above the top "edge" of the insert and would be receiving pressure from any items, like the game board, being placed on top of the insert.

For me, the minis of issue are the following:
1. Sphinx (staff sticks up too high)
2. Minotaur (the right "clawed" hand sticks up over the edge)
3. Medusa (Right arm doesn't fit into her space and sticks up)
4. Chimera (the tail curved over the back has the highest point of the curve sticks over the edge)

Solutions:
Three of the four of these I think will be fixable with some modification of the insert and allow it to stay in place (it's otherwise great unless you plan on sleeving cards, IMO)

2. Minotaur - I plan to cut out a "pocket" in the side of his slot that will allow his axe to hang out the side and have the mini sit a little deeper in the spot.
3. Medusa - Similarly, I plan to cut a small pocket between her spot and the Minotaur to allow a spot for her right arm to rest in so that it isn't pushed up above the insert lip.
4. Chimera - I'm not even really concerned about this one and the plastic has enough flexibility that it shouldn't be an issue. But if I was really concerned, I could just heat the mini and bend the tail a little lower and then cool it.

The problem is really the Sphinx and her staff. The way that her spot is formed in the insert there's nothing to get out of the way without cutting out the entire bottom of her slot and then she would just fall through. It might be possible to re-arrange her position in some way to protect everything appropriately but I haven't been able to come up with an immediate solution. As I also got the terrain box, I think I'm just going to take out its insert and create a storage solution there that accommodates the Sphinx.

For me, this will probably all be pointless as I'll likely re-arrange everything when wave 2 items/expansions arrive and there's all new content. In that case, items will probably be split among at least two boxes requiring completely new/innovative storage solutions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
The goal is to win; but we play to have fun - Me <-- I said that.
badge
The world is what we make of it. So why not make it a better place?
mbmbmbmbmb
This would be a major concern for anyone who has gotten or intends to paint their figures. Wouldn't it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orion Harrison
United States
Glens Falls
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ditched the insert the day I received my copy. Put everything in bags, including the stuff in the Terrain Expansion box (which I also ditched entirely).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olkhen the Gamer

New York
msg tools
mb
I agree that this is a concern to those who want to paint as I do want to paint them. I think I will be doing foamcore insert after I get wave two.

They really should have made the box a half inch taller to protect the minis. It still bugs so much as to why they even bothered with insert that basically doesn't do what it suppose to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Olkhen wrote:

They really should have made the box a half inch taller to protect the minis. It still bugs so much as to why they even bothered with insert that basically doesn't do what it suppose to do.

thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony E.
msg tools
I'm also having trouble getting everything back in the box. The whole insert is pointless. You can't even easily put the soliders under the insert to roll around underneath because it's so tightly fit in. They should have made the box a half inch larger.
Fingers crossed they fix this with the expansions but I'm expecting it to just get worse and end up having to deck box the cards and use the terrain box for player boards.
I can't put anything on top of this game now for fear of damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chirag Thakkar
India
flag msg tools
mb
Hey guys, I just bought the Retail Version + Expansion.. I am also Planning to buy all available upgrades when possible as I missed out on the KS Pledge.

I found a really cool 3D Organiser for the 4 player Tokens as well as the Terrain Expansions tokens - This goes into the Terrain Expansion box

I think it is pretty neat - I did not make it so no need to thank me instead if you found it helpful be sure to tip the guy on that website directly.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2806877/#files (link should be copied in full and pasted in a new window)

My questions are:

1. Considering there is a 5 & 6 player is this worth getting?
2. Does this resolve any issues of space in the base box? Could we ideally not remove the top pieces from the Spinx, Minotaur etc and place them in the area that was assigned for these 4 player's mini's?
3. What are your other thoughts on this organiser?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Diglio
msg tools
mhoehener wrote:
I will probably build my own insert out of foam core once i receive the game. I do that for most of my games that have lots of minis. this way most of the time, you can make everything fit.

Did you made it yet? I'm thinking about making one for myself but there aren't files.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Hoehener
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
mooncroc wrote:
mhoehener wrote:

Did you made it yet? I'm thinking about making one for myself but there aren't files.

Still didn‘t get my copy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olkhen the Gamer

New York
msg tools
mb
chiraagt wrote:

My questions are:

1. Considering there is a 5 & 6 player is this worth getting?
2. Does this resolve any issues of space in the base box? Could we ideally not remove the top pieces from the Spinx, Minotaur etc and place them in the area that was assigned for these 4 player's mini's?
3. What are your other thoughts on this organiser?

1. It doesn't look to be designed to fit expansion stuff. I would probably wait until you get everything.

2. I doesnt fix problem with Sphinx. The hoplites don't really have their own space. I usually put three armies on top of cards and the fourth one near one of the statue.

3. It looks nice, but doesn't fix main problem IMHO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.