Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played Bots vs. Hunters the other night and am not sure whether we played this right.

Room 1: Hook (and one Bot + one Hunter)
Room 3: Plasma with Attachment next to it

It was the Bot player's turn. She moved her unit from Room 1, pulling the Hunter along. When we landed in Room 3...

- The Hunter player (me) had to decide whether to spend one DP to take over Plasma for the turn.
- Whether I did or not, during the Trap step, one Plasma counter would be added no matter what (either it's my opponent's card, and my unit just landed there; or it's my card and my opponent just landed there).
- During the Action step, if I didn't spend the DP then my opponent can trigger an Onslaught using Plasma as usual. If I did spend it, then neither of us can trigger an Onslaught. (She can't because it's not her card; I can't because it's not my turn.)

Is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariusz Kosecki
Poland
Elbląg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not own the expansion as I'm not interested in this faction but from reading the rulebook, it seems it's not correct.

You do not take over the card, you only utilise its effect if needed - so, out of your turn (it's Bots turn), you cannot activate the Plasma card, thus you do not spend 1 DP and Bots can normally use it.

With that logic, you would not want to spend 1 DP to use the Plasma as a trap in this scenario, because otherwise 2 Plasma tokens would be put on the card - one for Bots pawn triggering it and one for you (as you do not take over the card).

I can't back myself up with the card text so to be sure: could you paste both the front and back texts of the Attachment card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.