United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
The Game that started it all
badge
I know. It's an Awesome Avatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
AoO just went up for Pre-Order at MMP. I'm #26 Get in there and get yourself one without costing an arm and a leg (and then some).

http://www.multimanpublishing.com/tabid/59/ProductID/33/Defa...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tankboy
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Older box image

Current from MMP's Website

ARMIES OF OBLIVION adds the Axis Minors order of battle to the ADVANCED SQUAD LEADER game system. (Note that for this reprint, a preorder number has been assigned, but we expect to print the module as soon as all components are ready, regardless of whether or not that number has been reached.)
Counters note: We are not including in this reprint the German, Russian, British, and Italian counters that we printed in the original ARMIES OF OBLIVION. We printed the corrected counters for prior modules in BEYOND VALOR 3rd Edition and in FOR KING AND COUNTRY, or will include them in the reprint of HOLLOW LEGIONS. The counters for the German Sturmtiger and SdKfz 10/5 came with prior historical modules, and we printed them in HAKKAA PÄÄLLE!, along with all the new Russian (mostly lend-lease) counters. Instead, we are using that space to print new First Fire counters for optional use that indicate which specific weapon(s) have fired, e.g., First Fire-Inherent, First Fire-MG, First Fire-MA, etc. We hope players will find these useful.

Contents:
• one box and lid
• four 8" x 22" geomorphic map boards (48-51)
• overlays Hi8-Hi12, Rv1, Wd12, Wd34
• six countersheets
• Axis Minor Chapter H (pages H143-H172)
• errata pages A51-A62; D21-D26; S27-S34 (Note that pages A51-A62 and D23-D26 were updated in HAKKAA PÄÄLLE!; these updated pages are included here)
• two SASL Axis Minor (Generation and Random Event) cards
• 32 currently out-of-print ASL scenarios, updated and rebalanced as needed, and including:

from PARTISAN!:

27 The Liberation of Tulle
28 Ambush!
29 The Globus Raid
30 Sylvan Death
31 The Old Town
32 Subterranean Quarry
33 The Cossacks Are Coming
34 A New Kind of Foe

from the original printing of ARMIES OF OBLIVION:

111 Balkan Sideshow
112 Out of Cowardice
113 Liberating Bessarabia
114 Cautious Crusaders
115 Huns of Steel
116 The Sixth Blow
117 With Tigers on their Tail
118 Downsizing the Uprising
119 Ancient Feud
120 Return to Sender
121 End Station Budapest

from ASL ANNUALS, ASL JOURNALS, and ACTION PACKS:

A26 Beachhead at Ozereyka Bay
A62 Paole Zion
A81 They Fired on Odessa
J48 Blood Enemies
J83 Bloody Nose
122 Extracurricular Activity
J107 Operation Schwarz
J108 Danica Air
J109 Break for Hungary
J112 Prelude to Dying
J129 Mountain Hunters
AP45 Reaping Rewards
AP49 Retrained and Rearmed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Jones
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
badge
Live in the PNW and want to game? PM me!!

Just pre-ordered! Can't wait. I've just gotten to AoO in punching out my full OOB.

Any suggestions for a noob on what to do with my last edition, in folio shrink with boards, untouched?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
● Sean ●
France
Paris et Normandie
Australian nationality
flag msg tools
● UNDRASK | Viking and Norse culturally inspired art ●
badge
Raven
mbmbmbmbmb
Noting I only have Beyond Valour and the counter changes with this reprint, what do I need to play this? I would have thought MMP would include that information - unless I missed it here and/or on their website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Moss
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"A critical error has occurred.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Persists across multiple visits to the site, logouts/logins, insertions and removals of AoO from and to the cart, etc.

Annoying, to say the least, as this is the only mainline piece of ASL I'm missing, as I took my eyes off the line for a few years just as Avalon Hill died.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Burden
United States
Streator
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As in most cases you'll at least need the ASL Rulebook and a copy of Beyond Valor to play many of the scenarios, to play all of them you'll probably need several of the other modules, if not all of them to be able play every scenario in the new AOO reprint. Hopefully more information will become available from MMP. It looks like a good product, even though I already have the original printing, I will be looking to pick it up once the product gets produced from my friendly OLGS, however long from now that will be. Best of Luck turks1966

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I step in just to say to all ASL fans and QUASI-FAN to get this without doubt!!!!
It will become unavailable soon and you will not get any chance to have it at a reasonable price.
As usual with ASL stuff.....GET IT AS SOON AS IT IS RELEASED!!!....or else you will regret sometime.....
You can still resell it in the future at least at the price you paid it.
Cheers all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Richards
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you have Beyond Valor and AoO, you'll be able to play 9 of the 32 scenarios. You'll mostly need boards and overlays to play the rest, since the Axis Minor mostly fought Soviets and partisans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Ramos
United States
Nolensville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the fence on whether to pick this version up. I have the 2006, and I have Partisan, and the Journals and Action Packs with the scenarios listed; as well as the replacement pages from Hakkaa Päälle.

Looks like the only benefit might be the re-balanced/reworked scenarios and a few new counters. Would be nice if PDFs were made available of the scenarios and the new counters - or an upgrade kit which I'd gladly buy. Not holding my breath though . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Smith
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
CAN NOT FREAKIN WAIT. As a new comer im ready to expand my collection. If MMP makes several reprints of other modules as well this will be an expensive year for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Øivind Karlsrud
Norway
Bjørkelangen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AA41 wrote:
If you have Beyond Valor and AoO, you'll be able to play 9 of the 32 scenarios. You'll mostly need boards and overlays to play the rest, since the Axis Minor mostly fought Soviets and partisans.

And the maps can be bought separately from MMP, at $5 per map (although some are out-of-print). I think it's a good idea to get maps 1-24 and 32-33 (some of those come with Beyond Valor, of course).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
● Sean ●
France
Paris et Normandie
Australian nationality
flag msg tools
badge
Raven
mbmbmbmbmb
AA41 wrote:

Thanks very much! I appreciate the information, I just wish MMP would articulate the same better. It seems the market is orientated towards grogs who are in the know rather than providing solid information on the suite of ASL products - it shouldn't be that hard.

I have all the ASLSK releases and BV. I'd like to get into ASL more but 9 out 32 scenarios doesn't seem worth the price tag. Then again, if I don't get AoO, I won't see it for another decade so...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Cocke
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
oivind22 wrote:
I think it's a good idea to get maps 1-24 and 32-33 (some of those come with Beyond Valor, of course).

I think getting the map bundle of boards 1-52 and t-z is a good idea (and a good deal) for anyone who wants to get fully into ASL.

Most of the scenarios in the AoO reprint then would be playable with those boards.

Not needed for any of the AoO scenarios, but a good addition for the newcomer would be the supplemental map bundle available for preorder. That looks like it is not going to hit its P#, however, and may be coming down in the near future, however.

The too-long-delayed overlay pack should go up on preorder this year and should be a must for the fully-engaged newcomer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Cocke
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
SeanFR wrote:
[if I don't get AoO, I won't see it for another decade so...

Whether or not you preorder it, it will get published this year and will be around at least for another year (Perry Predicts).

Just don't wait too long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
● Sean ●
France
Paris et Normandie
Australian nationality
flag msg tools
badge
Raven
mbmbmbmbmb
perrycocke wrote:
SeanFR wrote:
[if I don't get AoO, I won't see it for another decade so...

Whether or not you preorder it, it will get published this year and will be around at least for another year (Perry Predicts).

Just don't wait too long.

Thanks Perry!

Chances are I'll get it, there's just a disconnect between what I have and what AoO will offer, exacerbated by the counter changes. Obviously limited by the modules I have (or don't have) rather than AoO. I just find it hard to understand what is needed for what and which modules give access to which scenarios. The latest seniority chart I can find (2015) has BV and the only prerequisite. Or have I completely misunderstood the changes to the German, Russian, British, and Italian counters as being the correction counters not included in this product?

Perhaps I can use some of the ASLSK counters and get a few more scenarios out of AoO until I can get my hands on FKaC and HL. I really should have picked up HAKKAA PÄÄLLE! when it came out. I'll try and track a copy down in France. Lesson learnt!! And I do think the map pack is just going to have to be a must - my wife is going to kill me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Øivind Karlsrud
Norway
Bjørkelangen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
perrycocke wrote:
I think getting the map bundle of boards 1-52 and t-z is a good idea (and a good deal) for anyone who wants to get fully into ASL.

It's pretty expensive if you're missing just a few maps, though. If you're getting fully into ASL (as I have done) and plan on getting all the core modules, you will eventually get all the maps in the map bundle, anyway. Don't get me wrong, I think the map bundle is a great product which is useful for a lot of people: People who plan on getting a lot action packs etc. before they buy the rest of the core modules, people who want two copies of the maps, people who have a mix of old style and new style maps, people who have worn out their maps, etc. But if the goal is just to be able to play all the scenarios in AoO, the map bundle is pretty expensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tankboy
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oivind22 wrote:
perrycocke wrote:

It's pretty expensive if you're missing just a few maps, though. If you're getting fully into ASL (as I have done) and plan on getting all the core modules, you will eventually get all the maps in the map bundle, anyway. Don't get me wrong, I think the map bundle is a great product which is useful for a lot of people: People who plan on getting a lot action packs etc. before they buy the rest of the core modules, people who want two copies of the maps, people who have a mix of old style and new style maps, people who have worn out their maps, etc. But if the goal is just to be able to play all the scenarios in AoO, the map bundle is pretty expensive.

This just prompted me to figure out what all I have in maps. Once the Armies of Oblivion reprint makes its way to my greedy hands, I will have all of the Core modules that have been reprinted over the past few years and the maps they all came with. That's leaves the Desert Maps from West of Alamein: ASL Module 5 and Hollow Legions: ASL Module 7 (25-31) and the two from Action Pack #3 (42-43) that I'm missing.

I would think (hope) MMP would combine all the Desert Maps into the new Hollow Legions reprint, leaving the two from the AP to track down, which both are currently available at MMP.
Or, if I get tired of waiting, $50 will fill out my first bundlearrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leong Yew Lam
Malaysia
Seri Kembangan
Selangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My pre-order is also in. This is the only one missing from my ASL core modules collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Mitchell
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I don't know what you have to say, it makes no difference anyway: whatever it is, I'm against it!
mbmbmbmbmb
oivind22 wrote:
perrycocke wrote:

I'd agree here. The consolidation of the core modules has been a big plus for ASL and has, in my opinion made the map bundle less necessary. Each module may be individually more expensive, but you're getting proportionally more in each box.

Not only is it fewer products for the player to buy, but it's fewer products for MMP to keep in stock. Depending on how one counted, you used to have to purchase a 13 core modules for a complete OOB and maps 1–52. Now it's down to nine, I think, including the impending Alamein and French/Dinant.

(Most of this I came to realize after I decided to phase out my original ASL collection and restart from scratch with the reprints. I was surprised at how few modules I'd have to purchase this time around.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leong Yew Lam
Malaysia
Seri Kembangan
Selangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Guys

Pre-order number has just been breached; doesn't really matter as MMP stated that it will go to production with or without the pre-order number.

Now ...to wait for the bundle to arrive

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.