Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Lisboa» Forums » General

Subject: Lisboa, Lisboa Delux and Lisboa upgrade pack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Blakely
msg tools
mbmb
I see all three of these being mentioned in vaporous places.

When I called my local store to have them place and order for me, they could only find Lisboa. The is nothing in their ordering system concerning the other two items. Yet Amazon lists all three (but Amazon has proven untrustworthy in the past regarding descriptions).

What are these other two items, and what to they contain that a copy of Lisboa does not?

Lastly, what do I need to tell my local game guy at the store to get for me to get which ever of these is the most complete?

Thanks!

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Schlepphorst
msg tools
I don’t have any special information into this, and better answers are probably out there, but I have looked around at these a little bit:

I think that Eagle Griffin produces a small quantity of upgrade packs and some online retailers that specially order these, but most distributors only carried the normal retail game. For Lisboa in particular, many of the upgrade packs were needed to replace the damaged European copies. As far as I know, EG is the only store still selling the upgrade back (for $45) while several online retailers have deluxe versions available. I believe that eventually more upgrade packs will be made available to third-party retailers and I have been waiting for when they settle around $20-$25 (hopefully).

You can find a fuller list on the forums, but the kick starter version contains two main things that the retail version does not: many components are upgraded/custom (officials, character meeples, player markers, treasury market, Cardinal), and tiles for shop/public building bonuses allow randomized setup. The deluxe version (usually less than $45 more) includes these instead, the upgrade pack just had them (and retail+upgrade means you’ll have both).



1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Blakely
msg tools
mbmb
Many thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Aikens
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
“Competition on anything is good...” -Eddy Cue
badge
“The family is ordained of God.” -Gordon B. Hinckley
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lisboa Delux is the kickstarter version and the upgrade pack will essentially make your "standard" version a kickstarter version...with possibly the exception of a few upgraded components. The main thing you would be missing are tokens to place on the store front to make bonuses more random.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Schlepphorst
msg tools
I believe that upgrade pack has it all. Definitely has randomized tiles.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Major SNAFU wrote:
Lastly, what do I need to tell my local game guy at the store to get for me to get which ever of these is the most complete?


Eagle Gryphon doesn't generally offer their deluxe editions and extras through regular distribution which is why your store is only seeing the retail edition on their order list.

They sell them direct at their online shop:

http://www.eaglegames.net
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eagle-Gryphon Games
msg tools
publisher
badge
www.Eagle-Gryphon.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mjrtom wrote:
Lisboa Delux is the kickstarter version and the upgrade pack will essentially make your "standard" version a kickstarter version...with possibly the exception of a few upgraded components. The main thing you would be missing are tokens to place on the store front to make bonuses more random.
This is correct.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eagle-Gryphon Games
msg tools
publisher
badge
www.Eagle-Gryphon.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
Major SNAFU wrote:
Lastly, what do I need to tell my local game guy at the store to get for me to get which ever of these is the most complete?


Eagle Gryphon doesn't generally offer their deluxe editions and extras through regular distribution which is why your store is only seeing the retail edition on their order list.

They sell them direct at their online shop:

http://www.eaglegames.net
NuMystic is correct, we offer the upgrade packs and the deluxe edition directly from our website. http://www.eaglegames.net
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.