Hide
4 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Monsters nature rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
lauri yli-viikari
msg tools
I have noticed that kdm's monsters have very big differences. Every one who have played kdm noticed that white lion often counters with basic attack or runs away. While when attacking targets only one and tracks them around. But could someone tell about other monsters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lang
msg tools
Verbing nouns since 2011
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Part of the fun of the game is learning the strategies through play. I can give you minor spoilers without ruining too much...

The Antelope like to move and kick. Especially at higher levels.
The Phoenix does bird things and things with time.

The Butcher will steal your face. He gets a thrill out of murder. Many many murder.
The Kingsman uses his sweeping spear.
The Hand will laugh at how pathetic you are and expects you to obey his orders.
The Watcher observes and The GSK is smoky. (sorry not even giving mild spoilers for end-game bosses.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Sloth might be my spirit animal
badge
Ok, ok, NOW I get it!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, each showdown type has different feeling and strategy, and figuring it out is a lot of the difficulty of the game.

Antelope feels like a big prey, with its minding its own business, kicking in the blind spot and running/trampling away.

Also, most of its action comes from the reactions.

The Phoenix is the apex predator, it materializes around and deals big aoe damage. It also has the theme of manipulating time, and figuring it out is usually a matter of conquering its spiral age and zeal (the razor wind part, mostly.

The butcher is a masterpiece, thematically, because it's a maddened forsaker (a survivor who wears a mask to hide their fear, converting it to rage), and it targets almost exclusively threats, aiming at carving away their faces to make masks. Its attacks are high speed and low accuracy, exactly like someone enraged would, and infectious lunacy makes effectively everyone like it.

King's Man showdown is a deadly dance, and it feels like it. Too bad this is conveyed with just one event, also a lot punishing, so it gets boring quickly.

The hand is my favorite core showdown. You feel powerless, and both respect and Applause wins are reached through comically over the top events. Plus, kicking it in the Groin is genius.

The watcher and gsk are extremely dramatic and well brought. Too bad the watcher has not my respect. GSK is actually a good end boss, too bad you are detached from the ending at that point.

Expansions are also great, the gorm wins by far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lauri yli-viikari
msg tools
Thanks for this reply. It gives more mystery like feeling
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.