Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Rudloff
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

WHO can help?
Is it allowed to place the Blue Stone there, and what happend then?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could add it, as it can still go in the fifth space in that row of the wall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christi K
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I understand of the rules, you cannot place the single blue there because you already have a row of two blues right already placed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
You can add the blue tile to your pattern line.

However, in the wall tiling phase you're going to bring over that single tile first, which will invalidate your 2nd row (as they cannot be placed in any column that already contains a blue tile), those 2 tiles on your second row go down to the floor.

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/27452433#27452433

"Special case: In the tile-laying phase, it may happen that you are not able to move the rightmost tile of a certain pattern line over to the wall because there is no valid space left for it. In this case, you must immediately place all tiles of that pattern line in your floor line."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clmdvd wrote:
From what I understand of the rules, you cannot place the single blue there because you already have a row of two blues right already placed.

In the area to the left of the wall you're allowed as many repeats of the same colour as you like. You could have every row blue, as long as you had no blue in your wall at that point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Rudloff
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
„2 tiles on your second row go down to the floor“ ?
2 tiles or only 1?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
clmdvd wrote:

This is incorrect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Wongar wrote:
„2 tiles on your second row go down to the floor“ ?
2 tiles or only 1?

Both - see quote above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
qwertymartin wrote:
clmdvd wrote:

This is incorrect.

Oh, wow! We've been playing it wrong. I don't know where I got it from, but I also thought you could only have a color in a single row at a time. Wow!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
Butterfly0038 wrote:
qwertymartin wrote:
clmdvd wrote:

This is incorrect.

Oh, wow! We've been playing it wrong. I don't know where I got it from, but I also thought you could only have a color in a single row at a time. Wow!

Brains are annoying, you think that you're reading and following and then your brain connects two dots like that. Happens to the best of us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Charters
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

So to summarize. This is legal, but you won't be able to place both blue tiles on your wall in the tile placement phase.

It would allow you to extend the game one more turn....if you didn't place the single blue tile, the game would end as you would finish the 2nd row. That one extra turn would allow you to complete column #1 and possibly column #4 (column #3 will be completed this turn).

Also, you will get negative points for the two blue tiles you can't place on your wall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Hentz
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Rich, this makes sense. First row is a legal move, but that move invalidates the second row because the only place either row can have a blue is in the fifth spot, and so the second row must be taken to the floor. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Hentz
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Jimmy, No, you can have as many rows of the same color as you wish as long as that row's wall doesn't have that color in it. In this case, placing it in the first row is a valid move but it creates a situation where the second row's blues become invalid because each COLUMN can only have one of each color in it (the only place a blue can be placed on the wall in this particular scenario is in the fifth column). The question then becomes can you make a legal move if it invalidates a prior legal move. I agree with Rich's answer that you can, but you then must move the two blue tiles down to the floor because you "process" the scoring starting from the top. (but I didn't make the game, so it is just MHO).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chazbo54 wrote:
Jimmy, No, you can have as many rows of the same color as you wish as long as that row's wall doesn't have that color in it. In this case, placing it in the first row is a valid move but it creates a situation where the second row's blues become invalid because each COLUMN can only have one of each color in it (the only place a blue can be placed on the wall in this particular scenario is in the fifth column). The question then becomes can you make a legal move if it invalidates a prior legal move. I agree with Rich's answer that you can, but you then must move the two blue tiles down to the floor because you "process" the scoring starting from the top. (but I didn't make the game, so it is just MHO).

What you suggest is in line with the official rule clarification (which was quoted above):

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/27452433#27452433

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Draad
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Then yet another interesting question arises for me:
During scoring, are you allowed to place the blue tile in the first line on the floor, so that I can score the blue tile for the second row?
Or is it mandatory to place the blue tile from the first row if possible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Patrickspel wrote:
During scoring, are you allowed to place the blue tile in the first line on the floor, so that I can score the blue tile for the second row?

I would have thought that having put it in that row you are now obliged to place it if possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Broox
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Patrickspel wrote:

You can't movie things to the floor during scoring. You could however put the tile in the floor line when you first drew/selected it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Draad
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The Broox wrote:
Patrickspel wrote:

You can't movie things to the floor during scoring. You could however put the tile in the floor line when you first drew/selected it.

If that would be true, then you also couldn’t put the two blue tiles in the second row on the floor during scoring. And we’ve just learned you need to do so. That’s why I want to know, is this mandatory? I can’t find it in the rules you must place them.

But you are right when saying “I take it and then place it on the floor instead of the upper row” to bypass this. I just want to know how to process this if it occurs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Patrickspel wrote:
The Broox wrote:
Patrickspel wrote:

If that would be true, then you also couldn’t put the two blue tiles in the second row on the floor during scoring. And we’ve just learned you need to do so. That’s why I want to know, is this mandatory? I can’t find it in the rules you must place them.

But you are right when saying “I take it and then place it on the floor instead of the upper row” to bypass this. I just want to know how to process this if it occurs.

I think it's that you can't choose to put something on the floor, during the scoring phase, but if it becomes impossible to move something to its row, you then are forced to put it to the floor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.