United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Card 54 is ...
Spoiler (click to reveal)
the manometer with the letter Y, and is required to get into the navigation room.

But we could not find the #54 on any card. Eventually, we just looked through the deck to find it and put it in play.

The best I can guess is that...

One of us dismissed an alert from the app which instructed us to put card 54 in play. We did have hidden objects turned on auto, but I can't see the number on any cards going back through the deck.

If either is the case, it seems like there is no way go back to retrieve this information if you miss it.

Gripe: there is absolutely no way we would have decoded 37 without getting hints from the app. And I was playing with ...

English majors

I guess you just have to guess that...
the last digit looks like a six
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Re: How do you find card 54? (And griping about 37)
Totally agree about #37. And I think you're right about #54.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This Guy
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Re: How do you find card 54? (And griping about 37)
darquil wrote:
Totally agree about #37. And I think you're right about #54.

I went back and played until I found it.

It came from the solution to #7, the piano puzzle. Once you solve it, the app tells you to draw 54. My niece had grabbed the phone and put the code in, dismissing the alert somehow.

The app would be improved by having a way to review what cards it has told you to play. Human error interacting with a game app needs a way to recover.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Witt
Canada
Smithers
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mirrors our frustration re:37. we had 2 phds a master's and a diploma around the table and had no idea of the word. not the specific one hidden above, but a LOT of edumacation. and never had anyone heard of it.

any chance that it is more well known in European circles?

dw
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
I was also frustrated that the important words in the sentence were hidden at all. It's not a phrase I'm familiar with, and the it doesn't make a lot of sense on its own, so it's very difficult to figure out what the phrase is. I think it would have been more interesting to have all words in the phrase be visible, and it's up to the players to deduce the importance of those four words.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While it was a bit confusing, by process of elimination, there are really only two possible numbers. We chose the one that sounded the best and were right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Springer
United States
Brooklyn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We also

couldn't figure out what the last digit was supposed to be, but it looked like it started with an s so I figured it's probably 6 or 7, and tried that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.