Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tobias Lunte
Germany
Garrel
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The entry for the so far only version here says that CIS comes in a standard TtR-style box (30x30x7 cm). However, the box is actually 31x31x9.4cm. (change request is already submitted)

There are other boxes that are higher than this standard and it isn't much of a problem anyway, but why did it have to be wider by 1cm? There's nothing in the box that wouldn't also fit into a normal 30x30 base. But now it doesn't fit into storage and I have to treat it as "oversized" the way that is usually reserved for boxes like Power Grid or Die Macher (or Gloomhaven if I had it).

I have high hopes for the game itself and hope to finally get it on the table tomorrow, but it's a shame that it doesn't fit into storage (at least not with other games) or my carrying bag for game nights (at all).

Do other Renegade games also use this odd size?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Casper
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Original Clank in the same box size; if your storage system can be defeated by 1cm, you need to reevaluate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Lunte
Germany
Garrel
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
UnlivedPhalanx wrote:
if your storage system can be defeated by 1cm, you need to reevaluate.

It's actually fine (not pretty, but works) if it's only longer in 1 dimension. Only being wider as well makes it a problem. And normally, the standard is common enough that you absolutely can build a system on that; out of 80+ games, this is literally the second game that doesn't fit, and at least the other one needed to be bigger (Katakomben).

But storage isn't even the problem, what I'm really annoyed by is transport. Cajon bags (which I use) aren't uncommon for games precisely because they fit that standard of a 30x30cm base.
The game is already opened and I'll try it, but it will have to reach a much higher quality than it would otherwise for me to keep it just because taking it to game night now means bringing two bags instead of one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Shadows of Kilforth KS. Just back it already! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
That IS a bummer that it doesn’t fit in the game bag. But you’re saying that the 30cm games fit and the 31 doesn’t? The 30 cm games must be really snug in that bag. Wow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Taylor
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. You would ditch a game based on the size of the box?

My cajon bag has a cajon it, just saying.

Hope you find a solution. I'm enjoying clank in space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.