Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Reinhardt
United States
Fuquay-Varina
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I feel like we're missing a resource or card or explanatory document for some of the new cards that come up in Charterstone. Really loving it so far, but its a bit frustrating to have the flow interrupted while we frantically try to figure out what things mean.

Card 96. You spend a gold and get.... a free assistant? trigger an assistant? The iconography on the back of the rule book simply says "Assistant (x8)" or something like that. How does this building work?

Similarly, the Drafting Room - pay an iron to... get a free building? build a free building? (surely not) stare at a building longingly?

It would also seem helpful to have more of the "you don't need to know how this works yet" things pointed out in a convenient list or something.. like do we need to know how Glory points work yet? What about the resource limits/holding on the back of the player box?

I think I saw in some clarification online that the points at the bottom of building don't matter until the end of the campaign, but I don't see where that's mentioned/clarified in the rules we've seen so far.

For reference, we just played our very first game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Rakstad
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Buildings where you get those particular types of advancement cards mean that you can acquire that type of card on the advancement mat if there's one face up. Otherwise, you won't get the benefit.

There should be more information on the glory points once you've finished the first game. Make sure you've pulled cards 17-21 or so. Those rules should be on one of those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Reinhardt
United States
Fuquay-Varina
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Got answers on the Facebook group. Most of this was user error due to not extracting all the cards we were supposed to before getting started.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.