Subject: Messenger Table and the So-Taisho rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,
a weird situation happened to me:

I spent 1 CP to put the So-Taisho Clan into the bowl.
This So-Taisho clan was not drawn during the turn. As a result, the following turn I had to roll a 1d6 on the messenger table to see what would happen.

My question is: Independently of the result, if the order comes directly from the So-Taisho (as I understand it) what is the meaning of the messenger that delivers the order to the So-Taisho himself?

Should the So-Taisho Clan be considered as an exception and be put directly into the bowl without rolling on the messenger table?
In other words Does the So-Taisho (who gives order to other Clans' leaders) need to have an order delivered to himself by a Messenger?.

thanks

Raimondo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Vander Meulen
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No Exception. The So Taisho Clan has to be given an order (spending a CP). The messenger (and delays) and CPs and the chit pull system are abstracted ways to take into account the lack of clear view of what is going on on the battlefield. With a bird view map, the player has clear options. Even the So-Taisho can be delayed in his decision because he needs a report from another Clan or from a scout he sent earlier ...
So even if the small text of the messenger table doesn't fit well, the results has to be used.

Note that the battle plan and the tactics are in the system to take into account the preparation of the battle and the communication by flags or drums that can cancel the "messenger table" bad results.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Francois,
there is good news in the last two lines of your sentence. Basically as I understand it, you can use your unused battle plan tactics to cancel a bad result from the messenger table. In my case I rolled a 4 on the messenger table for the So-Taisho Clan (meaning I had to put it on the "2" box of the delay track in 9.1 Delay phase but by using an available battle plan tactic in 9.3 Activation chit selection phase I can select a clan that is already on the delay track (in this case the So-Taisho clan) and assign a tactic thereby putting it directly into the bowl and cancelling the negative effect of the previous phase.

I wrongly thought that battle plan tactics could only be used with clans that were in the Reserve box and not on the Delay track.

thank you again
Raimondo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.