United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Woo! Gonna get some
badge
44, that's me!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just barely managed to squeeze everything back into the box after punching components. I had to separate the tiles into three bags and do some other non-optimal sorting. I generally toss inserts as a matter of course, bu the legacy nature of this game combined with the ease of storage for the boxes is holding me back.

Has anyone else ditched the insert without replacing it with an aftermarket solution and been happy with the outcome?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex G
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You could try the YASS, it's somewhere in between throwing everything back in the box and the custom inserts.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1726878/yss-yet-another-sto...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justinas K.
Lithuania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
silverbowen wrote:
I just barely managed to squeeze everything back into the box after punching components. I had to separate the tiles into three bags and do some other non-optimal sorting. I generally toss inserts as a matter of course, bu the legacy nature of this game combined with the ease of storage for the boxes is holding me back.

Has anyone else ditched the insert without replacing it with an aftermarket solution and been happy with the outcome?

i also thought of making insert or something for it, but for map tiles i use file folders which eases setup a lot and frees up a lot of space in box, also i gave map a frame so its always on wall...
all active party members are most of the time left on table as now we almost exclusively play gloomhaven... that made thoughts of making insert or anything of sort obsolete for us.

ditching original insert might free some space if you can make yourself reasonable way of sorting in use/hidden/removed from play event cards, items etc. lets say tuck boxes, plano boxes or at least bags...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G C

Georgia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
silverbowen wrote:

I ditched the insert and replaced it with bags/cd cases, and it works fine for us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Davitt
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Oareo wrote:
You could try the YASS, it's somewhere in between throwing everything back in the box and the custom inserts.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1726878/yss-yet-another-sto...

I tossed the insert and used the Plano boxes similar to the thread above. I also bought a hard plastic hanging file box with a lid, in which I put a folder for each letter worth of map tiles, a hanging folder for the scenario book and rule book, and with room leftover for a 3-ring binder (not in a hanging folder) which has the unlocked item cards, stickers, record book, etc. in plastic sleeve sheets. Overall, it takes up much more space (the file box is about the size of the game box) but I really love it for the increased organization without things having to cram perfectly back in the original box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Bowen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Woo! Gonna get some
badge
44, that's me!
mbmbmbmbmb
I read the YASS post. My takeaway was to label everything I think I'm going to rebag all the map tiles in separate labeled bags, vs using a file folder (gallon should work in most cases). I'll also be labeling available vs not available events/items/etc. The monsters I've already gotten into separate bags, but those need labeled and the monster decks stored with them.

To that end, is there a reference for monster names/decks by pic in the standees?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Davitt
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
silverbowen wrote:
I read the YASS post. My takeaway was to label everything I think I'm going to rebag all the map tiles in separate labeled bags, vs using a file folder (gallon should work in most cases). I'll also be labeling available vs not available events/items/etc. The monsters I've already gotten into separate bags, but those need labeled and the monster decks stored with them.

To that end, is there a reference for monster names/decks by pic in the standees?

One thing to take note of when using baggies for everything - those suckers are slippery. I had a ton of the various items in individual baggies but it was making me crazy how they just slid around all over the place and it was hard to grab more than a couple at a time. But I can be very particular about how I like things!

I essentially did the one part you mention where I separated available items with locked/lost items. I had smaller baggies for the lost road event cards, lost city event cards, locked shop items, etc, each split out and labeled, and then I just tossed those all into one large gallon bag since they won't be used as often.

Here’s some photos of my setup. Let me know if you want to know more!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.