Alhambra» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules for redesigning your Alhambra rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Kilgore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
I recently got and played this game, and I have a few questions. How many things can you do when redesigning your Alhambra? Can you move one tile multiple times? Are there limits to how many tiles you can move or exchange? Also, can you play the tiles in your reserve board at the end of the game? Thank you for your help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vic R
Spain
Tomares (Seville)
flag msg tools
badge
Pure mathematics is the world's best game. It is more absorbing than chess, more of a gamble than poker, and lasts longer than Monopoly. It's free. It can be played anywhere - Archimedes did it in a bathtub
mbmbmbmbmb
You can place ONE tile, remove ONE tile or exchange ONE tile for another. Only one of this options and only for one tile with each turn doing a remodel action.

You cant place tiles at the end of the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vica8081 wrote:
You can place ONE tile, remove ONE tile or exchange ONE tile for another. Only one of this options and only for one tile with each turn doing a remodel action.

You cant place tiles at the end of the game

And if you exchange, you can only exchange one tile in your Alhambra with one on your reserve board. And the tile you add to the Alhambra must go in the same place as the one you remove.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1814691/redesigning-your-al...

tells you everything you need to know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jkilgore132 wrote:
I recently got and played this game...

We can see that you are new here and people are happy to help, but I hope you are also reading the copy of the rules that came in the box that you just "got".

Quote:
Also, can you play the tiles in your reserve board at the end of the game?

The short answer is "no".

An expanded explanation is that the game is "over" at the end of one person's turn when the market cannot be refilled. That one person (maybe it was you) will have had a final chance before ending the turn to do one Reserve action. Other players can do nothing except to place tiles which they have obtained by the final distribution that closes the Market.

And here is a quote from the rules (with my highlight)

The remaining building tiles from the building market are given to the players who have the most money of the respective currency in their hand (it does not matter how much the building costs). If two or more players have the same amount of money then the building tile remains on the building market. Building tiles given to players in this way may then be added to their Alhambras in accordance with the building rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.