Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
miha hančič
Slovenia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the score board has different art - orig. has stones and grass and is a part of the insrt in the box, and for voting you use numbered tiles

The Odyssey one has scoring board that you can take out, I think it has some pipework art on it... and for woting you get your own tile with numbered holes and pegs.

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/918600/dixit-odyssey

Haven't played the Odyssey one, but I think there are not any relevant differences.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Cook
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
The pictures on the cards are different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Lucas
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
badge
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're playing 7+ players then you can pick one or two cards instead of one, but you get less points for picking the correct card if you pick two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chearns
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EMBison wrote:
The pictures on the cards are different.

This. I don't find that any of the artists outside of Cardouat create cards with enough oomph to them in order to play with the same cards over and over again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Schaub
Switzerland
Thun
Bern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes!

The way voting is done is so different that I strongly suggest viewing Odyssey as an expansion only. Although very useful one because the board is much better.

In the base game, players get six chits numbered 1 through 6 which are used for secret voting.

In Odyssey players are handed a little board with holes where you push a little peg in to indicate what you vote for. For one, this makes scoring a bit of a nuisance because these boards are bigger and can't be put next to the pictures. The other thing is that when you place the boards on the table face down, you can actually still tell what people voted for!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.