Popular Tags: [View All]
Björn Harzer
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
"That German Bloke"
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi
Playing Subway board with Tragic Events and drew event "Broken Hydrant". I needed to house rule it since there is no Fire Engine and Hydrant on this board, but Sprinkler activation spaces in the four corners of the board. So, we basically just ruled one Sprinkler for one Quadrant out of order. I guess the fairest way to determine which quadrant is using the 8sided die?
Bjorn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beejer2000 wrote:
Hi
Playing Subway board with Tragic Events and drew event "Broken Hydrant". I needed to house rule it since there is no Fire Engine and Hydrant on this board, but Sprinkler activation spaces in the four corners of the board. So, we basically just ruled one Sprinkler for one Quadrant out of order. I guess the fairest way to determine which quadrant is using the 8sided die?
Bjorn

That sounds reasonable. I'd probably house-rule it that none of the sprinklers worked, and that it can be fixed at any sprinkler spot.

We played on the submarine the other day, and mainly ignored references to the engine and ambulance, except that any firefighter sent to the ambulance was sent to the starting spot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (She/her)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If there's an event that is nonsensical for the board in question (e.g. Miscommunication on the Submarine), treat it as a "discard this and draw again" as you would with the events marked for boards you aren't using. We tried to catch these, but it became difficult to keep track of all of the special nuances of the boards and also we started running into text-space limitations at times.

In this particular case, I like Robin's house-ruling. That said the Official Canon answer here would be to discard and re-draw since it does not apply specifically to this board. (I'm all for making the events work themtically as you see fit, however, it's meant to be a flavour-y expansion.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.