Subject: Game board? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Brantley
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Hey,

Not sure if this should go in the Variant section, but has anyone created a game board where you can put the cards?

I think it would be fun an colorful to visually see cards on a board backdrop.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Soto
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was an official playmat from IDW, but that was made for the 'static market' setup in mind (All cards face up in front of you), making it hard to implement the 'expansion' random market (draw until you get 10 unique cards in the market from a single deck, stack cards as needed) or the different market sets (4-4-2 or Bright Lights, Big City's 5-5-2, where you sort the cards into non purple <=6, non purple >=7, and purple cards, shuffle each stack independently and draw 4-5 <=6, 4-5 >=7, and 2 Purples, stacking cards if they're not unique). You'd think there would be a board in the American edition with how big the box was, but nope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brantley
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Oh nice! Good explanation. I saw it's on Amazon for $15...which to me seems like something they should of included with the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Soto
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's weird is that the static market setup is a USA Base Game only thing, at least to my knowledge. There was a couple of custom wood boards on Etsy, but you might not find them until 2018 as the store, Daft Concepts, is closed for the rest of the year for the holidays and upgrades. They come in 2 flavors" a 15 slot one and a 10 slot one. You can use the 15 slot one for Static and 4-4-2 or 5-5-2 (or 10 from single deck with some dead space) while 10 is only for the 10 from single deck. I think they were 18-25 dollars before shipping because of the thickness and etching.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.