Subject: Adventure Mode setup? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I missing something or do the instructions for setting up decks for adventure mode seem REALLY light? For instance, I can't figure out what the purpose of the grave cards are? There is literally only 3 mentions in the entire manual about them....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Adler
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Define 'REALLY light'!

The one and only mentioning of the 'Grave Cards' you need, the one, which is necessary, is on page 23, upper setup box of Wildenstein III, middle column. You just lay out a number of grave cards corresponding to the number of heros, trembling side up. Ready!

Well, not entirely. But the point is, the usage works by interacting with other cards. If you like to know beforehand playing it, look first into the Wildenstein III time-scale, you'll find, that event cards are revealed (and check time scale 'zero', too, the direct usage). The event card deck includes three times 'Conjure Undead'. These will trigger the 'Grave Cards'. And then it is easy, what the 'Grave Cards' do.

Hint: You should check beforehand, what the 'Conjure Demon' events do (and the 'Foreshadowing “The Demon of Wildenstein”' card), too. Then the hero actions 'Consecrate Grave' and 'Consecrate Weapon' as well as the 'Mother' cards are quite easily understood.

In the base set the 'Grave Cards' (or the demon ones) are only used in Wildenstein III. However, it is an elegant general method for necromancing or demon pacting, it can be used in later adventures of upcoming expansions or maybe your own adventure creations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok I figured out my problem. I've been using the pdf rulebook download online which does NOT include the actual adventures and hence searching through it has been a failure! Thank you for the pointer!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.