Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been watching YouTube videos on Pub Battles, and am seeing various people playing some aspects of the game wrong (at least I think they're wrong, quite a few rules are open to interpretation). For example:

--Artillery: Artillery does not need to be in range of its HQ to Bombard since the rules state instead of moving the guns can fire. This implies that a Bombardment is not an attack (which does reguire an HQ).

Also, range for Bombardment is one Foot move which is all three links in the chain/stick, not just one of those links.

And Artillery in Defensive Support suffers the fate of the unit its supporting - if that unit retreats, then the Artillery retreats. If that unit is eliminated, then the Artillery is eliminated.

Watch that LOS...Artillery on the same level as Woods cannot fire through those intervening trees!

What other misconceptions are being seen out there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Berg Asklev Hansen
Denmark
Vejle
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A common error is not allowing units in contact with the enemy to move away
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
brian asklev aursen wrote:
A common error is not allowing units in contact with the enemy to move away

Good one - and even when recognized, the procedure to break contact seems to cause confusion (i.e., how to do it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I also saw online that Napoleon rolled against his rating (a 5) to alter Turn Order and thus activate one of his other commands, the problem being though that the HQ's were too far away (not within 1/3 of a Cav move) to do so.

So for a Commander to alter and activate a subordinate command, not only must a successful roll be made but also their HQ's must be in range (1/3 of a Cav move) of each other to do so (this is clearly stated in the rules, fyi).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.