Popular Tags: [View All]
Severus Snape
Canada
flag msg tools
Pascal said, "The eternal silence of these infinite spaces terrifies me."
badge
"The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of."--Pascal
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps this has been answered previously, but I am confused when transporting replacements during the operational movement phase.

Port Moresby is being attacked by an 8SP Japanese army, and defended by two 2SP Allied units. When these units flip after a Japanese attack, am I allowed to transport replacements from the West Coast, while using a nearby Allied TF to establish Sea superiority (that is, if I am even doing this correctly)? This is beyond the standard 8 MF range of Allied ships.

What am I missing here?

1) Do you use the 1st sea deployment to move the replacements within range of Port Moresby, and then use the operational movement to use a TF to take them there?

2) How would a reacting naval force stop the transport of replacements?

goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy C
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Robert L Howard (Medal of Honor recipient)
mbmbmbmbmb

See 9.1 1st bullet.

Movement of land units in the operations phase is limited to 4 hexes.

So yes, you must move the replacements to a base within 4 hexes during the the 1st deployment phase. Will take 2 or 3 legs of 4 hexes each. Units cannot enter a hex with an enemy unit in the deployment phase.

In the reaction phase, any Japanese ship can move up to 12/2 of its movement rounded up, into the hex. the replacement unit must survive subs, air combat, and have sea control to land.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Severus Snape
Canada
flag msg tools
Pascal said, "The eternal silence of these infinite spaces terrifies me."
badge
"The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of."--Pascal
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your help, Randy.

goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.