Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Casey
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I foolishly mixed the expansion in without realizing that AEG didn't put any marking on the expansion cards. Could someone please help me identify which 9 treasure cards are from the base game?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keval Shah
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
There are only two types of treasures in the base game. There are nine cards in total, and five of these are the Magic Bow (where you get an extra die on a turn) and four are the Magic Armour (where you get 1 Shield).

What I don't understand is, how the treasure cards work altogether?
There is half a page of description in the manual for them, but it is not clear and does not clarify what they do and how they work? I.e. What is the difference between Level 1 and Level 2, how can I use Level 2? How long do the treasures last, or how many times can I activate the ability on the card on different turns?
I only understand that you can take a treasure card when you defeat a monster with a treasure symbol, and these can only be added immediately after to an active hero. And if the hero is defeated or discarded/replaced, then the treasure is also discarded.

Thanks if you can help in return.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keval Shah
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I watched a video review/playthrough about this game online,and I think I understand it now. The treasures coincide with the Level 1 or Level 2 Monsters you face? Why not state this directly or have different cards for each? (One of those small things!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Reynolds
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Monsters that give you level 2 treasure have a level 2 treasure symbol on them. Some extra text on the monster wouldn't hurt, but there is an indication and it's covered on page 15 of the rulebook.

Some other treasure notes for other people that may find this:
• Only one piece of treasure may be placed on a hero at a time.
• Only heroes that were activated in the turn can have treasure placed on them.
• You gain your treasure after counterattacks, but before ambushes. So you may lose the hero you just put treasure on.
• Treasure works by doing what it says on the treasure when you active the hero it is equipped to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.