Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Duran
United States
OLYMPIA
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In the rulebook, pg11,I take it to mean it only takes 1 Q.I.C. The player faction board seems to support this. And pg12 says only the 7 colored planet types need terraformed. But, on the terraforming reference card, I see Gaia planet as requiring one step for all factions. So is it just 1 Q.I.C. or do you need to pay the 1 step cost in addition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
Gaia Planets are one QIC step away from each color. No terraforming is required, just the QIC.

As indicated in the rules, the Terraforming Reference Card is only for Automa play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Duran
United States
OLYMPIA
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thx robert! Watched a rules video in which the card was used for multi-player. Threw me off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Harding
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad." - Salvador Dali
badge
Mostly harmless
mbmbmbmbmb
DocCool wrote:
Gaia Planets are one QIC step away from each color. No terraforming is required, just the QIC.

Also, remember that the QIC is not required when you are building on a Gaia planet that has one of your Gaiaformers on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Yates
United States
Pekin
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So you just need the QIC and not a Gaiaformer too, right? Only the Transdim planets require the Gaiaformer? It was confusing to us since the Gaiaformer is shown in parenthesis next to the QIC cube picture on the player boards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gonzalez
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yatescory wrote:
So you just need the QIC and not a Gaiaformer too, right? Only the Transdim planets require the Gaiaformer? It was confusing to us since the Gaiaformer is shown in parenthesis next to the QIC cube picture on the player boards.

It's just indicating that you can do either. You can get to a Gaia planet by gaiaforming a Transdim planet (in which case you do not need a QIC), OR you can use a QIC to take over an already existing Gaia planet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no option: if a planet is green (Gaia planet) at the start of the game, you need a QIC (plus 1 ore and 2 coins) to colonize it. If it's purple (Transdim Planet), you need to place a Gaiaformer to "convert it into a Gaia planet" in the next Gaia Phase, then after that remove the Gaiaformer whenever you feel like it and pay 1 ore and 2 coins to colonize it. The only similarity is that at the end both planets will be green and their ownership/colonization counts towards certain scoring tiles/actions/... .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Yates
United States
Pekin
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DocCool wrote:
There's no option: if a planet is green (Gaia planet) at the start of the game, you need a QIC (plus 1 ore and 2 coins) to colonize it. If it's purple (Transdim Planet), you need to place a Gaiaformer to "convert it into a Gaia planet" in the next Gaia Phase, then after that remove the Gaiaformer whenever you feel like it and pay 1 ore and 2 coins to colonize it. The only similarity is that at the end both planets will be green and their ownership/colonization counts towards certain scoring tiles/actions/... .

This is how we interpreted everything when we played. The only confusing part to us was the parenthesis with the gaiaformer next to the QIC cube, but we ruled correctly when we played.

I really appreciate how active you are answering questions on here. Thank you for the dedication.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tofu fa
msg tools
mitcharf wrote:
DocCool wrote:

Also, remember that the QIC is not required when you are building on a Gaia planet that has one of your Gaiaformers on it.

Wait...where does it say that in the rulebook? I thought Gaia planet still needs to be made inhabitable?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc McConley
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Legal Blokus board using all the pieces
mbmbmbmbmb
tofuavecfa wrote:
mitcharf wrote:

Wait...where does it say that in the rulebook? I thought Gaia planet still needs to be made inhabitable?

Page 11 of rulebook wrote:
After transforming a Transdim planet into a Gaia planet, the Gaiaformer will remain on that planet. The following rules apply to Gaia Planets with a Gaiaformer on them:
(third bullet down)
You do not need to pay the Q.I.C. cost to make the planet habitable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tofuavecfa wrote:
mitcharf wrote:
DocCool wrote:

Page 11 from the rules (regarding Gaia planets formed by Gaiaformer):

"You do not need to pay the Q.I.C. cost to make the planet habitable."

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tofu fa
msg tools
Oops...thanks guys heh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.