London (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Pauper card question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil Goldberg
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Could I have some clarification on pauper cards?

1. May I discard a pauper card to get under the hand limit?

2. May I discard a pauper card to pay the building activation cost of “a card” during a run-city turn?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes & yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Goldberg
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCormick
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to add to this, when a pauper card is discarded (say to activate another card while running your city), does it go onto the development board in an empty slot? I'm assuming yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seanmac wrote:
Just to add to this, when a pauper card is discarded (say to activate another card while running your city), does it go onto the development board in an empty slot? I'm assuming yes.

Yes - apart from the four action cards (when played as actions), any discards go straight to the development board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Thomsen
United States
Medway
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One more Pauper question. Does it have a color? Can you use the bonus of paying one pound to change colors and use it to pay for playing a card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Thomsen
United States
Medway
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
killerjoe1962 wrote:
Nope.

That's what I thought. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Tauman
msg tools
Madcapmartini wrote:
One more Pauper question. Does it have a color? Can you use the bonus of paying one pound to change colors and use it to pay for playing a card?

The paupers are grey colored cards.

* RULEBOOK - CITY CARDS
Each card has a basic type, denoted by its colour. Brown cards relate to economic activity, blue cards reflect science and culture and pink cards relate to politics. There are also a number of grey cards, paupers, which will be a continual source of poverty unless you can find work for them. *

The last line above, seems to suggest you might be able to 'find work for them'. Could this be by changing the color? I would think if a pauper's color is changed, you would be able to discard the now, brown, pink, or blue pauper, to play a respective colored card to your building display. This would supercede the rulebook rules for discarding paupers.

* RULEBOOK - DEVELOPING YOUR CITY
To add a card to your building display, you must first discard a card of the same colour from your hand. You must also pay the additional cost of the card, if it has one. *

---------------------------

Edit (found this reply from Duncan Mallory - he has answered, and confirmed many questions in this section):

Duncan Molloy
(Dunc)

Rollandtwo wrote:
One of the Burrows (cant remember which one) lets you pay 1 pound to discard any card color to build your city card. Does this let you pay to discard a pauper?

Yes, you can change the colour of a pauper from grey to any other colour with this or similar abilities.

--------------------------

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Thomsen
United States
Medway
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
King_spadez wrote:
Madcapmartini wrote:

The paupers are grey colored cards.

* RULEBOOK - CITY CARDS
Each card has a basic type, denoted by its colour. Brown cards relate to economic activity, blue cards reflect science and culture and pink cards relate to politics. There are also a number of grey cards, paupers, which will be a continual source of poverty unless you can find work for them. *

The last line above, seems to suggest you might be able to 'find work for them'. Could this be by changing the color? I would think if a pauper's color is changed, you would be able to discard the now, brown, pink, or blue pauper, to play a respective colored card to your building display. This would supercede the rulebook rules for discarding paupers.

* RULEBOOK - DEVELOPING YOUR CITY
To add a card to your building display, you must first discard a card of the same colour from your hand. You must also pay the additional cost of the card, if it has one. *

---------------------------

Edit (found this reply from Duncan Mallory - he has answered, and confirmed many questions in this section):

Duncan Molloy
(Dunc)

Rollandtwo wrote:
One of the Burrows (cant remember which one) lets you pay 1 pound to discard any card color to build your city card. Does this let you pay to discard a pauper?

Yes, you can change the colour of a pauper from grey to any other colour with this or similar abilities.

--------------------------

!!!!!

This is good to know!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.