Popular Tags: [View All]
Ramon Mercado
United States
Stafford
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules for double spawns state to not spawn any in the current zone (where the double spawn was drawn), but instead to draw two cards on the next zone.

On Quest 0 (and Quest 2), there is a green (inactive) spawning zone. In quest 0, for example there is only a single red spawn zone and the green inactive zone.

Q1: How do you deal with a double spawn on the red zone?
A. Do you not spawn any for the current zone and simply discard it; or
B. do you move to the next zone (the green zone) and leave it there for when the green zone becomes active; or
C. do you simply draw two more spawning cards on the red zone (being the last zone)?

I personally prefer B. since it accumulate double spawns on the green zone and when it becomes active zombies explode; resulting in a massive battle at the end. But I would like to know if there is a 'correct' way of doing this.

On a related question. Quest-0's first building has a single room. What happens if you draw a double spawn there?
A. double spawn on that room, since there is no other room to spawn on?
B. double spawn on the next spawn zone? And if it moves to the next spawning zone (e.g. red zone), do you resolve that spawn on that instance or during the spawning step of the zombie phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
C is correct. With a double spawn you always move to the next zone to spawn. In your specific example there is only one spawn zone, so you draw again, but two cards for the double spawn, for the same zone. If you get another double spawn, you draw a third time for the same zone.

If you're spawning in a building, the same rules apply. If there is only one room, any double spawn spawns in the same room. If there is more than one, spawn in the next room. If the last room gets the double spawn, move back to the first room.

Note: due to double spawns and extra activations, life is easier if you start spawning in the most distant room first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Q1: C

Q2: A

If you draw a double spawn card for the last spawn zone (or room), resolve the double spawn by drawing two cards for the first spawn zone (or room).

Double spawns with necromancers can be quite tricky as well. When spawning a building (or during the zombie spawn phase)... If I draw a necromancer card and a necromancer enters the board, I immediately draw another card to resolve the necromancer spawn. If I draw a double spawn, I do not resolve that on the next spawn zone but will draw another two cards for that very same zone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.