Subject: Build Mine Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fredrik Johansson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
Hello :)

Can I build Mines on my own type of planets even if I havent a building in range of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Frippenikk wrote:
Hello

Can I build Mines on my own type of planets even if I havent a building in range of it.

No. You have to be able to reach it from one of your existing structures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Space Trucker
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Frippenikk wrote:

No. Your own type of planet only means that there is no need to terraform to make it habitable, but it still has to be in range.

The only situation where you can build a mine without a building in range is when you already have a Gaiaformer on this planet (from conversion transdimensional->gaia).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik Johansson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
Oh shit! This game us difficult...My GF and I have locked ourself and cant get out for 3 rounds...:/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
SpaceTrucker wrote:
Frippenikk wrote:

No. Your own type of planet only means that there is no need to terraform to make it habitable, but it still has to be in range.

The only situation where you can build a mine without a building in range is when you already have a Gaiaformer on this planet (from conversion transdimensional->gaia).

Don't you have to be in range to start the Gaia Project to begin with, though?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
SpaceTrucker wrote:
Frippenikk wrote:

Don't you have to be in range to start the Gaia Project to begin with, though?

You might have spent a QIC token or used the bonus marker for the extra range. You don't need to do it again when building on the Gaiaformed planet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, ok, I just missed what he was getting at. Reading it again, I see what he meant . Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg Wolgast
Sweden
Lund
Skåne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Frippenikk wrote:
Oh shit! This game us difficult...My GF and I have locked ourself and cant get out for 3 rounds...:/

You don't necessarily have to build on a lot of different planets in this game, sometimes it's better to try and upgrades the structures you already have. A few planets with high powered buildings is enough to start forming federations. Also remember that QIC-tokens can be used for range! It's definitely possible to win the game without ever upgrading your range.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
Two days ago I won my first game with Der Schwarm (aka Ivits yuk), and I didn't feel the need to reach range 2 until late in the game. Terraforming was way more important.

I was first to pick and had already decided that I wanted to try Der Schwarm before the board was set up, so it wasn't optimized towards the map/scorings. Clearly, this faction isn't a meaningful competitor for the satellite scoring which we had, and without range it also proved hard to tie for 2nd place in the "# of planet types colonized" scoring. OTOH this was a game against two new players and one with several GP games under his belt (and a TM rating of ~1370 - hey Sebastian! ).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, but you had, what, 20+ games of Gaia and been play testing since the beginning?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.