Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I just stumbled on this game, Chronicle X, and watching the gameplay video, it looks almost exactly like the XCOM video game, but much more focused on tactical play than strategic play.

Anyone else checked out this game yet?

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
If you dig around the forums for that game, the alpha rules are available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yan Bertrand
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw the kickstarter and thought this could be a great game. I'm waiting for proper gameplay video to back, though. (This one is more of a quick rules overview - quick enough that I couldn't play the game proper after this. But it is exciting and I think that's its purpose, so it works as intended.) cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would point you towards Galaxy defenders. I find it to be the tactical xcom game i wanted. Also, level 7 Invasion. Excellent for the Xcom experience. As well as xcom itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BIgLatinDude wrote:
I would point you towards Galaxy defenders. I find it to be the tactical xcom game i wanted. Also, level 7 Invasion. Excellent for the Xcom experience. As well as xcom itself.

Agree with the above two recommendations.

Right now, it looks like Chronicle X might be offering a very basic version of Galaxy Defenders for battles, and an almost no-game-at-all geoscape map for campaign mode. With amazing miniatures.

Really wish they'd put up better gameplay examples. I fear they have nothing to show though (have already dropped down to $1 pledge after initial enthusiasm has wained)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phantomwhale wrote:
[q="BIgLatinDude"]

Really wish they'd put up better gameplay examples. I fear they have nothing to show though (have already dropped down to $1 pledge after initial enthusiasm has wained)

Same. Was hoping that the alpha rules were still in a state of flux, but there are posts from the designer on the KS page that state that the core rules are now "locked in" and all that's happening now is fine-tuning things like hero and alien stats for balance. Looks like this is going to be a rather weak game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yan Bertrand
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
Phantomwhale wrote:
[q="BIgLatinDude"]

Same. Was hoping that the alpha rules were still in a state of flux, but there are posts from the designer on the KS page that state that the core rules are now "locked in" and all that's happening now is fine-tuning things like hero and alien stats for balance. Looks like this is going to be a rather weak game.

I think we just don't know because we don't have enough information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Herman92 wrote:
bleached_lizard wrote:
Phantomwhale wrote:
[q="BIgLatinDude"]

I think we just don't know because we don't have enough information.

Then the designer needs to provide more. Though in all honesty, he already has something like 5-6 times his Kickstarter goal, so I don't think he really *needs* to do anything. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.