Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gun Coaty
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mb
I noticed a few articles with some feeling about Heracles being at a disadvantage; I agree that he can become marginalized, I did start with him in a way that set me off to a great start. There is a quest in blue territory which requires 2 strength to begin, Heracles can begin near that quest and immediately begin it to get any stat bumped to 3 and obtain a glory for blue. From there, the world is your oyster, take Athena for more combat cards etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael NaGu
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't quests come out differently every time you play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stavros tsiakalos
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes they do. But there is one quest that if it does come out, Heracles gets a strong head-start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michał Misztal
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Other people say that Helena (because she can "only stall the game"), or Perseus (because rule for his "teleport" is too restrictive) is underpowered. Yet others consider Heracles OP because he can take a risk and start motster hunting in 1st or 2nd round...
I played just a few games, but have a strong impression that more important is how you combine heroes abilities with his development by praying, Artifacts and Blessings. And none is over- nor underpowered - it all depends if you know how to play the Hero and use upgrades you get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael NaGu
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm under the impression that AR did a lot of testing and finetuning with this. I won't believe any OP acclamations until I've lost in my first game against my girlfriend and I will know for sure that her hero was OP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Świerkot
Poland
flag msg tools
GreekGeek87 wrote:
I'm under the impression that AR did a lot of testing and finetuning with this. I won't believe any OP acclamations until I've lost in my first game against my girlfriend and I will know for sure that her hero was OP.

Ahahah I am under impression that a lot of reviews have similar testing. "I have lost badly in my first game, game is unbalanced, XXX is OP!"

Well, in very final testing we had a 3 days run with the best players we could find (I was one of them ) and we were playing 12hours a day with various combination. Result was, that there is no OP hero - there might be some that are better in given set-up (for example Heracles have slight better start when there is a lot of monster on the set up etc.), but overall this only gives the game bigger replay ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stavros tsiakalos
msg tools
mbmbmb
I like a Helena start with Horn Of Plenty. She gets out troops really fast early on that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gun Coaty
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mb
My friend started Achilles in the northernmost city and conquered southerly to take 3 cities including zeus, he followed that up with a recruit action to dominate the north early.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArcanumTL ArcanumTL
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found the heros to be balanced for their specific end goals e.g. Heracles going for monsters, Helen for troops and region control and Perseus for temple victory. I didn't get a chance to try Achilles but I feel he is good for the monument rush and defend.

Great game so far - I love how there are various end conditions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.