Subject: Integration with Crossover Crisis? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Wasser
United States
Bridgeton
Missouri
flag msg tools
How well does this game integrate with the Cartoon Network Crossover Crisis games? I know it’s all the same Cerberus Engine, but it sounds like this is more geared towards the DC deck builders than the Cartoon Networks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Yamaguchi
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It’s actually pretty much in the middle. It has Events and Weakness cards with effects just like in Cartoon Network. The Events act a little differently, but all the cards work the same. You would use the Sidekick sides for all the Teen Titan characters that aren’t being used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Priddy
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Per the rulebook, you can combine this with other cerebus games. Only real limiting thing is that you want to combine this with another game & it uses event cards to keep the events around 10 or less. Aside from that any of the titans you don't pick as players will flip over to the sidekick side to help you out in whatever games you combine it with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Chan
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked this one up. I'm trying to find a game that could teach my kids (10 and 7) the deck building mechanism and I think this one hit the mark! It's a theme they really enjoy and are familiar with (they love both the original TT cartoon as well as the TT:Go! cartoon) and it feels more simplified than the original DC Deck Builder which I got a few months ago; that one is too heavy for them I think. The only downer is that it's rigged for 2 players, but I figured if I just add a starter set from my original DC and a few other cards it can easily be 3 players still without being too heavy for them.

I've read that the CN Crossover Crisis is too "meta" meaning that there's all the High Fives, Rock Paper Scissors and silly stuff which I"m not too keen on (there's only one High Five in TT:Go), but I'm thinking of getting the CN Cross Over Crisis Annihilation set so I could add the Power Puff Girls (who they also love - Ever seen Power Puff Girls Z?) into the mix. What do you think? Teen Titans and the Power Puff Girls Team up? Oh yea. But I don't know what the PPG cards do in that game (yet).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Yamaguchi
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mixing TTG with some cards from Crossover Crisis would be a great way to expand the game to 3 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
7 of 8
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Re: Integration with Crossover Crisis
ChowCPhut wrote:
I'm thinking of getting the CN Cross Over Crisis Annihilation set so I could add the Power Puff Girls (who they also love - Ever seen Power Puff Girls Z?) into the mix. What do you think? Teen Titans and the Power Puff Girls Team up? Oh yea. But I don't know what the PPG cards do in that game (yet).

Both TTG and CN;A just arrived today. The Power Puff Girls and all associated cards fit perfectly into the TTG. Or shuffle both decks together and get a fun mixing of cards. This may slow down executing some of the combos designed in TTG but it won’t slow down the fun or the pace of both games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.