Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, there are a LOT of errata for Carcosa cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slamin Perfect
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Weird that the date inside is January 2017. The v1.1 one was dated June 2017.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B.D. Flory
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Slamin wrote:

Not that weird, really. Just an oversight in updating the doc, I'm sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slamin wrote:

That will be addressed in the next errata.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
CSerpent wrote:
Wow, there are a LOT of errata for Carcosa cards.

Are they gamebreaking? I tend to not read FAQs (although I printed 1.1) when playing. Would that prevent my enjoyment?

Also, questions that arose yesterday aren't adressed

Namely,

Spoiler (click to reveal)
In Rogarou, when the Rogarou must leave to the place with the least clue, and already is there, does it not move, or does it move to the next place with the least clue?

Spoiler (click to reveal)
If you are the end of your turn, and an effect forces you to gain a card that reads "at the end of your turn, do that", does the new card instantly trigger?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Pogatshnik
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
Razoupaf:

1. It stays where it is.
2. Give me the specific scenario and I can probably help you out. I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
awp832 wrote:
1. It stays where it is.

Wow, got to give credits to the girlfriend on that one! Thanks

awp832 wrote:
2. Give me the specific scenario and I can probably help you out. I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to.

During his endturn phase, Rex had to take a test for an encounter card in his threat zone. He committed a card and succeeded, so the commited card had him draw a card as a result. It was a weakness that says "at the end of your turn, take 1 horror."
He had to immediately put it into play as a revelation effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
During his endturn phase, Rex had to take a test for an encounter card in his threat zone. He committed a card and succeeded, so the commited card had him draw a card as a result. It was a weakness that says "at the end of your turn, take 1 horror."
He had to immediately put it into play as a revelation effect.

I would say that the triggering event of your turn ending has already passed. The weakness wasn't in play when the trigger happened, so you have another round before you have to deal with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark horneff
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also interested in peoples thoughts around how essential or game breaking not using the errata would be?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't say. I noted the amount of text under Carcosa-related headings, but didn't read it since I've been collecting but not playing it yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B.D. Flory
United States
New York
flag msg tools
awp832 wrote:
1. [The Rougarou] stays where it is [when its location has the fewest clues].

Not quite. It has to move, but in cases where its starting location has the fewest clues (and that's the requirement), it moves one space away then back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B.D. Flory
United States
New York
flag msg tools
CSerpent wrote:
I would say that the triggering event of your turn ending has already passed. The weakness wasn't in play when the trigger happened, so you have another round before you have to deal with it.

Triggering conditions don't end until effects have fully resolved. That's why we're able (and obliged) to trigger multiple effects on the same trigger. It's still the end of your turn, you would take the horror.

These effects do resolve in an order of your choosing, but you can't say an effect would have previously resolved and skip it.

It does depend a little bit on the nuances of timing, of course. If you're resolving an "after" effect, you wouldn't go back to do a "when" effect on the same trigger. But if both effects are, "at the end of your turn," one such effect resolving doesn't disqualify the other, or we would never be able to resolve multiple such effects even if they're all in play well in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bd flory wrote:
Triggering conditions don't end until effects have fully resolved. That's why we're able (and obliged) to trigger multiple effects on the same trigger.

My understanding is that at the point when the triggering condition happens -- and the rules do call it a "timing point", which I find oxymoronic regarding a "condition" -- anything in play that has that triggering condition is now set to resolve -- first the "When"s, then the "At"s and "If", then the "After"s. Anything not in play at that point wasn't triggered and will not be until the next time the trigger happens.

That said, I don't see anything in the rules that contradicts either of our readings. If anyone can verify one or the other, I'm open to that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B.D. Flory
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I wish I remembered the specific card, but we've definitely had a ruling where a card drawn on a timing point could be played on the same timing point. Hardly ironclad precedent, though, given I can't even name the card!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slamin Perfect
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bd flory wrote:
Slamin wrote:

Not that weird, really. Just an oversight in updating the doc, I'm sure.

Sure, but I'd have expected it to remain June if updating the existing FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.