Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Colpaert
Belgium
TEMSE
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If an enemy with ranged capacity activates in the same area as a survivor without ranged capacity, does it still get the extra hit (as when fighting a survivor in an adjacent area without ranged)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Carroll
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No. The rules references (p6) says that the additional hit is only applied to survivors in an adjacent space.

p14 covers the reverse scenario (ranged survivors attacking enemies), and it uses the same rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Colpaert
Belgium
TEMSE
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems indeed logic, David. You could interpret it as though it would become a close combat in which ranged weapons no longer work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Bou Farhat
Germany
Grafenau Döffingen
BW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a similar situation...

I was adjacent.. and i had no Ranged weapons... and an enemy with ranged weapon activated... so it will fight me... but how is this possible if i dont have a ranged weapon ???

thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Smith
England
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
christizzz wrote:
I had a similar situation...

I was adjacent.. and i had no Ranged weapons... and an enemy with ranged weapon activated... so it will fight me... but how is this possible if i dont have a ranged weapon ???

thank you

You still do damage normally even though you were attacked at range. The ranged enemy just adds 1 extra pip on the die roll. Unless you both have ranged weapons in which case it would take place like a normal fight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Bou Farhat
Germany
Grafenau Döffingen
BW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.... but then what is the purpose of having a rnage weapon ?.... i dont get it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Smith
England
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
christizzz wrote:
Thanks.... but then what is the purpose of having a rnage weapon ?.... i dont get it

If you have a ranged weapon you can attack an enemy from an adjacent space. If the enemy doesn't have a ranged weapon you automatically do 1 additional damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Bou Farhat
Germany
Grafenau Döffingen
BW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ok...thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.