Fallout» Forums » Rules

Subject: PvP House Rules? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Devin McCane
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Has anyone created house rules for PvP yet? I’ve only had time to test out the game once but it seems like implementing House combat rules so players could fight each other wouldnt be that difficult to do. I think it would just require implementing vulnerable areas for each player character so you could use VATS dice. Players would have to use a fight action when in the same space as another character or a space away if they have a range weapon. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Weller
United Kingdom
London
Kent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes we’d questioned why there were no rules to accommodate more player interaction. I think you are on the right track. I think there should be penalties of loss of influence or loot card as well as Xp. I’m going to give it more thought. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarcity of weapons could mean the first player to a decent rifle trolling the wasteland, sending everyone back to the Crossroads Camp over and over. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Dinneen
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is how I've been doing PVP.

Attacking other players: You may attack another player by spending an XP (aka move the XP marker to the left). If the XP marker isn't on your board you can't attack. To attack, the attacker rolls the VATS dice and counts the number of hit dots. They may re-roll as normal if they have the weapon/SPECIAL to do so. Subtract the Defenders Armor for the total attack value. Then the Defender rolls the VATS dice, re-rolls if able and then counts the hit dots, subtracting the Attacker armor. Whoever is higher wins with the loser taking damage equal to the difference. The winner takes caps and/or equipment from the loser equal to the difference. If the loser is killed because of the attack, the winner can take a random Agenda card instead (but not one used to declare loyalty).

Example: The Wastelander is attacking the Vault Dweller. The Wastelander moves her XP marker 1 to the left and rolls the VATS dice. She rolls a total of 3 hit dots. She wants to re-roll, so she exhausts her Tire Iron and rerolls 2 of the die, getting a new total of 5. With the Vault Dwellers armor, she gets 4 hit dots total. The Vault Dweller then rolls. He gets 2 hit dots, but can't re-roll anything. The Vault Dweller takes 2 points of damage and the Wastelander decides to just take 2 caps from the Vault Dweller.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Aamot
msg tools
We've toyed around with this:

Both players roll all 3 VATS dice, using whatever rerolls they are allowed. The attacking player rolls first.

Each player simultaneously takes 1 damage for each success their opponent rolled. Armor negates hits as normal.

IE. Player 1 attacks player 2, rolling 4 successes after rerolls. Player 2 rolls 3 successes after rerolls. Player 1 takes 3 damage and player 2 takes 4 damage.

We've practiced with it, but haven't yet unanimously agreed to allow it in a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.