Subject: pledge level help --- Rookie or Survivor + explorer expansions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
unless i am mistaken, the following 2 options seem fairly balanced and am torn between the two. any suggestions?

base game + $49 expansion pack add-on OR rookie level. they both cost $129.

In other words, should i get the expansion pack add-on (which includes Ice Maze/Forbidden Sanctuary/Swamp of Madness) OR the 'What Goes Up Must Come Down' expansion????

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Edwards
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of the kickstarter exclusives only apply to the new expansion - "What Goes Up Must Come Down".
Having said that, I would say I enjoyed the existing expansions very much, while the new one is an unknown quantity. But I am expecting it to be very good as well, and it will come with more content because of the exclusives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Wilson
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm jumping all in on this one... I decided to late pledge at the Rookie level after hearing about this game from a review + a little digging.

Then when I received my pledge manager email, they ended up up selling me with the extra expansions, plus a bag of dice.

My poor wife just smiles. My three boys are looking forward to this one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You get 3 curses and ca 300 cards with the extra curses.
You get 5 curses, ca 500 cards and a lot of different extra stuff with the expansion.

I think the choice seems pretty obvious
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack Spirio wrote:
You get 5 curses, ca 500 cards and a lot of different extra stuff with the expansion.

I must have missed something, but I thought there was only 3 curses in expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Zigmond
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abe18 wrote:
Jack Spirio wrote:

I must have missed something, but I thought there was only 3 curses in expansion.

There are actually only 2 as far as I know. But what I believe Jack is referring to is that the Stretch Goals from the second KS are only available with the expansion box - and this includes some additional curses (I guess 3 then, which sounds about right).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robinz wrote:
abe18 wrote:
Jack Spirio wrote:

There are actually only 2 as far as I know. But what I believe Jack is referring to is that the Stretch Goals from the second KS are only available with the expansion box - and this includes some additional curses (I guess 3 then, which sounds about right).

Thank you Jack & Robin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, What goes up must come down has 2 curses but also 3 extra in Strechgoals
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.