Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Being a Geek is a sure sign of a sound mind, cause it means you think that life as it is is dull and should be more interesting. Which it is.
mbmbmbmbmb
This a really great, great game and one of the best KS I've received so far for the price.

I'd say that, as far as KS goes, it comes in a trio with: The Others and Anachrony and I'm damned if I can tell which one is the best in that category.

I would even say it's unexpected for someone who had liked the original game to like the "new one" that much. I could have bet a few tenners I'd be disappointed. Smart move I didn't!

My only regret is that I was so damn poor at the time that I couldn't get ALL the exclusive add ons and now I won't be able to get them at all.

Oh that Oedipus and his Sphinx, how embarrassing not to have them...

But soon all the un-exclusive I miss will be mine... precioussssss....

zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sammy
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played several times since I received last week & it is a heap of fun.

I didn't pay close attention to what was KS exclusive. Knew a mini in each big expansion was. Didn't realise till just now looking at the KS page that Oedipus/Sphinx, Hell Judges, Manticore & the various coloured stat clips were also exclusive.

Paolo Parente as well. It would have been kinda cool to have piggy's running around the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Bat
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Artistix wrote:

I didn't pay close attention to what was KS exclusive. Knew a mini in each big expansion was. Didn't realise till just now looking at the KS page that Oedipus/Sphinx, Hell Judges, Manticore & the various coloured stat clips were also exclusive.

Paolo Parente as well. It would have been kinda cool to have piggy's running around the board. :D

Everything is exclusive now. They are no longer releasing any of it via retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Blaha
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
What a Terrible Night to Have a Curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
batman15 wrote:
Artistix wrote:

Paolo Parente as well. It would have been kinda cool to have piggy's running around the board.

Everything is exclusive now. They are no longer releasing any of it via retail.

While there is no retail plan, Monolith is exploring webstore direct sales. "Exclusive" may only translate to "not sold at retail." Furthermore, the expansions could be part of future KS campaigns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Being a Geek is a sure sign of a sound mind, cause it means you think that life as it is is dull and should be more interesting. Which it is.
mbmbmbmbmb
My little birds told me that, due to (quite deserved) success of the game: all that is not exclusive will be sold online in their store.

And well... I know it's meh but if I keep on digging this game like mad, I'll collect the exclusives over the course of a few years, hunting decent prices of resales...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmb
brunogaia wrote:
My little birds told me that, due to (quite deserved) success of the game: all that is not exclusive will be sold online in their store.

And well... I know it's meh but if I keep on digging this game like mad, I'll collect the exclusives over the course of a few years, hunting decent prices of resales...

I mean, I'd be fine with a second KS opportunity to purchase the expansions I missed.

As long as there's another option, that'll be super.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brunogaia wrote:

Is this coming from a legitimate source or is this wishful thinking?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad S.
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
QW mentioned something to this extent previously.

It's a very successful game, I'm sure they'll find a way to bring it to the masses again (just not via your FLGS).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dc0nklin wrote:
brunogaia wrote:

Very, very legit source: an ex colleague/friend of mine is the spouse of someone in the team.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brunogaia wrote:
dc0nklin wrote:
brunogaia wrote:

Very, very legit source: an ex colleague/friend of mine is the spouse of someone in the team.

In fact I kept my pledge on MB ONLY because she was in the credits. I was so poor at the time and felt I didn't want one more huge box in my collection (in addition to The Others, Zombicide, Massive Darkness, and more and more to come...).
I'm glad I met that girl, she was a smashing person as a colleague and it's only thanks to her that I kept that great pledge !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brunogaia wrote:
dc0nklin wrote:
brunogaia wrote:

Awesome! I did a Titan instead of a Typhon and now I regret it.

Looking forward to be able to get the DSB,colored clips, more dice, Ketos, the RPG, and blue omphalos!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dc0nklin wrote:
brunogaia wrote:
dc0nklin wrote:
brunogaia wrote:

Awesome! I did a Titan instead of a Typhon and now I regret it.

Looking forward to be able to get the DSB,colored clips, more dice, Ketos, the RPG, and blue omphalos!

Same here. I think I'll slowly crawl my way up to the all-in I couldn't pledge at the time, piece by piece...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Aldrich
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the op. I finally organized everything in my typhoon pledge, got it packed into 4 boxes (hera box holds all boards and ship tokens, titans box holds all titans and gods, core set holds all terrain and minis in baggies, and storage box holds all tokens, cards, clips, etc).

This game is just amazing. Minis are gorgeous, the art is BEAUTIFUL, the rules are good, game is great fun. Hands down one of the best kickstarters I've ever had. It's a shame they aren't releasing this to retail, the game is just too good. I hope they release it online. Definitely keeping this one along with my zombicides, conan, 40k, wwx, etc.

Only issue is the same as black plague and conan... minis are so nice (and lots of skin.. which can be hard to paint display quality in a variety of shades), painting them is very intimidating. They deserve to be displayed though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Lardinois

Dayton
Ohio
msg tools
mbmb
Yep I’ll bet we get an update at some point ( maybe at the end of the Joan of arc campaign) with the web retail store plans. Joan of arc seems geared towards that as our retail option which is more than fine for me.

With how successful MBP has been seems they could do very well selling that games expansions too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's face it guys: this is a game that CAN NOT disappear after just one KS!

It's a great game, everybody agrees on that point.
One was the last time you saw a really GREAT game disappear after just one KS?
Never.
For a very good reason and it's not only all about money: why would anyone make a success disappear even before everyone who wanted to get it or to get more could have what they wanted?
Really it's not just about business (and still it also is about business of course) it's just a question of logic: you got a game that gets general acclaim (I think we can speak of general acclaim, and not only in this thread) it's just fairly notmal as a designer/publisher/team to want people to have access to this -quite nice- baby.

So, inside job apart, I'm fairly confident that all that wasn't exclusive will be available at some point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bors
msg tools
I dont think it will disappear but it might just change with themes i.e Ragnarok. I dont think they will do a second KS before they do the next in the series but they could have the different pieces or whole pledges as addons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bors77 wrote:
I dont think it will disappear but it might just change with themes i.e Ragnarok. I dont think they will do a second KS before they do the next in the series but they could have the different pieces or whole pledges as addons.

That they sure will do, it's planned already I think (Ragnarok) but still I can't imagine the original game and original expansions (without exclusives) not to be available at some point.

I mean that would amount to strange mixture of commercial/artistic suicide of something good sinnce we all know that at least twoce the units can still be sold due to the hype (and a hype that is not going to falter anytime soon thanks to afore-mentionned general acclaim :D)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Lauest
Denmark
Helsinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brunogaia wrote:
Let's face it guys: this is a game that CAN NOT disappear after just one KS!

It's a great game, everybody agrees on that point.
One was the last time you saw a really GREAT game disappear after just one KS?
Never.
For a very good reason and it's not only all about money: why would anyone make a success disappear even before everyone who wanted to get it or to get more could have what they wanted?
Really it's not just about business (and still it also is about business of course) it's just a question of logic: you got a game that gets general acclaim (I think we can speak of general acclaim, and not only in this thread) it's just fairly notmal as a designer/publisher/team to want people to have access to this -quite nice- baby.

So, inside job apart, I'm fairly confident that all that wasn't exclusive will be available at some point.

Agreed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sonce we are here about that. My gaming group and I we had two great games of MB today. I tried a team with Pan and all the troups, heroes and creatures with horns and hooves. I called them the cattle team, and then of course they lost, but that's because I didn't play Eurityon very well (first time I tried him)

Oh and I'm getting Oedipus and the Sphinx at a very decent price too.

Well well...

It can be a bit embarrassing sometimes to be a fanboy, can't it?

zombie zombie ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.