Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

TOKYO METRO» Forums » Rules

Subject: Stations - Blocking or non-blocking and consequences of multi-node stations rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Taylor
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
Craig Taylor, co-host of The Train Rush podcast
mbmbmbmb
@Jordan

To confirm, is there a limit to how many players can build a station on a node? It's implicit in the version of the manual I've read, rather than explicit.

Also, should a player place a station on a multi-node station, do they receive pay-outs for EVERY train that passes through any node of the station, or just the lines that pass through the node they placed their pyramid on?

I'd imagine, based on the scaled build costs, it's communal payout, but would rather ask to be sure.

Yours in testing,
Craig

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Draper
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
LupoLoopy wrote:
@Jordan

To confirm, is there a limit to how many players can build a station on a node? It's implicit in the version of the manual I've read, rather than explicit.

Also, should a player place a station on a multi-node station, do they receive pay-outs for EVERY train that passes through any node of the station, or just the lines that pass through the node they placed their pyramid on?

I'd imagine, based on the scaled build costs, it's communal payout, but would rather ask to be sure.

Yours in testing,
Craig

Hey Craig,

Only one station pyramid can be built for each node (assuming by node we are referring to the grey bar that connects multiple circles).

If a player has built a station on a node every train that passes through any of the circles it connects will be paid out. So yes.

Also if you haven't checked out the updated rulebook and PnP I would suggest it:

RULEBOOK: https://static1.squarespace.com/static/57bef24d440243d092698...
(This will be professionally edited this week and updated again for clarity)

UPDATED PNP:
http://www.darkflightgames.com/s/Tokyo-Metro-PnP-122417.pdf

POORLY MADE HOW TO PLAY VIDEO:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gszyhOcXy0&t=1s

Your PnP is looking amazing! In case you choose to update anything, here is a quick list of the changes:

GAMEPLAY CHANGES:
- All start a train action cards have been updated to a new action. It's not a huge difference to play with the original version, but it is updated in the new rulebook as well.
- The new rulebook gains clarity and examples for speculation and a few other sections.
- Player aids were updated (still very similar on the front side) and gain phase overview on the back side.

VISUAL ONLY
- Train income track gains a visual upgrade to easily identify what line is what if 2 tokens are covering the circles.
- Background patterns were updated on some of the action cards for clarity.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I'll be looking forward to your impression of the game!

Jordan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.