Hide
20 Posts

Carcassonne» Forums » General

Subject: Carcassonne new edition tiles don't align :( rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher J
msg tools

This bothers me way more than it should. Even the castle doesn't go to the edges of the tile. Sigh, farms are already hard to explain. Now it looks like you can extend a field around a castle tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hall
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jernchr11 wrote:

This bothers me way more than it should. Even the castle doesn't go to the edges of the tile. Sigh, farms are already hard to explain. Now it looks like you can extend a field around a castle tile.

I think I'd return that for another one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. Doesn't look very good to me. It would be worth checking the tiles against others from the set. The manufacturer may send you some replacement tiles. Otherwise a whole box may be necessary.

Hope you get it sorted!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher J
msg tools
Does anyone here have the new edition that has the tiles correctly oriented?

If this is a defect, I will return it but most of the tiles look reasonable. It looks like the farm house makes the road a couple of millimeters to high. I don't know if this is true for everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
jernchr11 wrote:

If this is a defect, I will return it but most of the tiles look reasonable. It looks like the farm house makes the road a couple of millimeters to high. I don't know if this is true for everyone.

Most likely one of the boards got cut off center. .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that it looks like at least one of your boards was punched off center. Here's an image of the worst offenders I could find in my copy. It's off by MAYBE 0.5mm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that looks like a manufacturing defect. I have the new edition base set with all tiles aligning, plus a couple of expansions on the old art and those all align together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen two other people on twitter with the same issue over the holiday.

Zman told them to contwct their support team. Don't hesitate!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gannon Dubay
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I like big boxes and I can not lie.
badge
Rochester, NY - Willing to Play!
mbmbmbmbmb
jernchr11 wrote:

Yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Arroyo Rodriguez
Spain
Hospitalet de Llobregat
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So sad man. I prefer old version as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Shock
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have recently purchased "Carcassonne for 2" and noticed the same thing. Some tiles (roads, cities) are slightly shifted. It is noticable on the back side. Those leaves on the back side is cut differently. I'm not sure if I should complain. It's not so ugly or game breaking but it would be better without that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carrots
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Purchased Carcassonne about 3 weeks ago, and have the same problem whereby some the roads do not align - exactly like the OP's photo.

Also purchased an expansion where the print on the extra tiles is noticeably paler than the base game... this stands out more than the road's not being aligned.

The tile backs are paler on the expansion than the base game, however this is not so much of a problem since we decided to draw the tiles from a bag, so can't see which set them come from.

Haven't approached the retailer for a replacement - assumed that these print anomalies must be the norm.

It's a shame about the above, as it's an otherwise great game which we've loved playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From zman:

Our customer service team can help you out. Please contact them here: https://t.co/D73Vdd0cY1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hall
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carrots67 wrote:
Hi Purchased Carcassonne about 3 weeks ago, and have the same problem whereby some the roads do not align - exactly like the OP's photo.

Also purchased an expansion where the print on the extra tiles is noticeably paler than the base game... this stands out more than the road's not being aligned.

The tile backs are paler on the expansion than the base game, however this is not so much of a problem since we decided to draw the tiles from a bag, so can't see which set them come from.

Haven't approached the retailer for a replacement - assumed that these print anomalies must be the norm.

It's a shame about the above, as it's an otherwise great game which we've loved playing.

I've had the z-man base set for awhile, but just got the Inns & Cathedrals expansion. The backs are identical on my expansion, but the color of the grass and the brown dirt in the cities is a little different. Also, one set of tiles is completely smooth, while the other has very light cross hatching. I'd prefer them to look the same, but it's not so bad that it takes away from enjoying the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carrots
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I contacted ZMan games with a photo. Received an email to say they are happy to help and will send a replacement set

Thanks for the link!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you're sorted.

Hope you don't have to wait too long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher J
msg tools
Update: zman games replaced my tiles no charge. The new tiles I got look much higher quality than What I have, so I’m suspecting that Amazon is selling counterfeit copies of the game.

My tiles are noticeably lower resolution than the tiles I received as replacements and the old tiles looked a lot grittier. I’m currently following up about that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a base-game like that, the river tiles were printed on the back-side of the tiles, upside down.

It's unlikely that amazon are selling them, you've possibly purchased from a 3rd-party seller on the amazon site. They possibly have rights to print, it's unknown. I'll see if I can find the seller in my purchase history.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Said I'd come back with some details. I ordered a copy of the base game from: '1BB LLC' - it was of disappointing quality, far below standard.

I took this picture for a comparison.
The tile in front is from the Tower expansion bought at Essen'16 from the Cundco shop. The tile behind the aforementioned.

Here's my upside down river tiles from the same box:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carrots
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I reported alignment issues earlier in this thread. Pleased to say that Zman sent me a new set of tiles after I logged the problem on their website (with photos).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.