Subject: Empty Draw Pile and Expansion cards discard rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Patuxent River
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1)Played this for the 1st time yesterday. I would to get clarification on what happens when the draw pile is empty. Obvious answer is the the rules posted on the website are correct, but I'm not sure. If the rules on web site are correct could the old rules be removed and the new ones posted on the BGG file page?

Rule book Aug 2017 posted on BGG
Empty Draw Pile
Once the final card in the draw pile is taken, the game enters Free-For-All Mode. In this mode, Recycling is free. On your turn, you may take any item(apart from Events) from the discard pile without paying any cards into it. This counts as an action.

Rule book Dec 2017 posted on itchyfeetgame.com
Empty Draw Pile
When the final card in the draw pile is pulled, reshuffle the discard pile (including all events, forbidden items, etc) and turn over to form a new draw pile. Continue playing.

2) Do the expansion cards (events, special items, forbidden items) go into the discard pile once they are resolved? Again the rules posted on the website appears to indicated this is correct.

Added:
3) When a player draws an event card from the draw deck and the event is resolved, does that player get to draw another card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Patuxent River
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also sent my questions to the designers via their game website and this is Malachi Rempen's response.

1) The more recent rules are correct, you just reshuffle the discard pile. I'm not sure how the rules got on BGG in the first place, or how to change it, but I'll look into it.

2) Yes, all discarded cards go into the discard pile.

3) No. Drawing is an action, so drawing an event would count as that player's turn.

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.