Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Rules

Subject: Phoenix mood card BORED rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ivan Petersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
How do you play this??

1. phoenix draw card, -2 toughness and the rest of the card dont happens this round?it goes to basic action. and next round spiral cyclone take place and then Bored get dicarded ??

Am i playing this correct???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Mendonca
Portugal
Tavira
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
enjoypepsi1976 wrote:
How do you play this??

1. phoenix draw card, -2 toughness and the rest of the card dont happens this round?it goes to basic action. and next round spiral cyclone take place and then Bored get dicarded ??

Am i playing this correct???

No idea how to play the game (since i'm still assembling mine), but just reading the card i can say that:

An effect is in play with BORED:

-2 thoughness tokens.

Then instead of drawing AI DECK do a Spyral Cyclone (no idea what this is) after you performed the spiral cyclone discard bored and disdain.

Seems pretty straighforward but someone else with experience can pitch in
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Awaited King
msg tools
mbmbmb
There is nothing about basic action there. Does Phoenix perform basic action after every AI draw? I don't remember as I did not fight him a lot. Playing the card as written you just put the Mood on the track and end his turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Petersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Yes he make basic action after drawing an AI Card. Im unsure if cyclone happening next round instead OFF drawing and AI or its happening the same round

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
k c
msg tools
mbmb
I haven't played with this card yet either.
I believe the steps are:

1. You draw AI, and it is Bored, so you put it into play.

2. Add -2 toughness tokens to the Phoenix.

3. That is the Phoenix's AI for that turn.

4. Perform Zeal which is triggered at the end of the monster's turn, and causes it to perform its Basic Action.

5. Survivors now get their turn (hopefully they can get into their blue spots).

6. On the Phoenix's next turn, don't draw AI, do Spiral Cyclone instead.

7. After you perform Spiral Cyclone, remove the -2 toughness tokens, and perform Disdain (which also ends the Phoenix's turn).
Discard Bored to the AI Discard pile.

8. Do not perform Zeal this time because Disdain ended the turn, and the FAQ says when a monster does it's instinct, you do not trigger end of turn effects.

9. Survivors continue the fight...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Petersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
TY for your clear and precise reply. I Think you are right and i Will play it like that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Strike
United Kingdom
Corsham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I played the phoenix last night and was also confused by this card.

I think the replies are correct in that it activates the following turn. My reasoning is that it says..do not draw an AI card...but you would already have done so. I'm not sure about lvl three phoenix having two AI cards, but level 2 is AI then basic action (which is not an AI) card. Further step three i perform the attack and step four is discard and disdain. There would be no point in the above directions if it performed then discarded...that's the rule normally anyway. Should have been a duration card maybe. Can't seem to find clarification on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.