Popular Tags: [View All]
Konstantinos Iovis
Greece
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone!

It's been almost 3 years after the game's initial release. We believe it's time for a second edition. The second edition will have some changes that improve the gameplay, turning Argonauts into a highly tactical gaming experience.

We are planning on running a Kickstarter campaign for the 2nd edition, scheduled to launch on February 2018.
Our plan is to have 2 pledge levels, the first one for a deluxe edition of the game, which will include the mini expansion, whereas the second pledge level will be an upgrade pack (from 1st to 2nd edition), which will inlcude the new cards, and the 2nd edition rulebook.
Both pledge levels will also include a surprise

We are at your disposal to answer any questions regarding the 2nd edition.

Stay tuned for more announcements!

We wish you all to have a Happy New Year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lunadips Sixsmtih
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
....my new years resolution was going to be no more backing on Kickstarter....guess that is broken before it began.

Great news, I love this game! Good to hear more folks will have a chance to own the game.

For the owners of the First Edition can you outline what the changes will be? Is it a few modifications to existing cards or a more significant change to the deck with new cards being added? Any changes in the uses of the 1d12?

Anymore details that you are able to share at this time would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Varholak
Slovakia
Pezinok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news. Especially the fact you are thinking about owners of the 1st edition. Could you publish the link to KS in this thread, please? Thanks

PS: Καλή και δημιουργική Χρονιά 2018 έυχομαι!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a lovely game (that I play solo).

Will the changes to the game (to be included in the upgrade pack) be playable solo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A C
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will you let us know when the campaign goes live?
Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I appreciate your offering an upgrade pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Iovis
Greece
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lunadips wrote:
....my new years resolution was going to be no more backing on Kickstarter....guess that is broken before it began.

Great news, I love this game! Good to hear more folks will have a chance to own the game.

For the owners of the First Edition can you outline what the changes will be? Is it a few modifications to existing cards or a more significant change to the deck with new cards being added? Any changes in the uses of the 1d12?

Anymore details that you are able to share at this time would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Thank you for your kind words!

We are limiting the usage of the d12, mostly to resolving the Divine Intervention effect (and some events).

We are making changes in the way certain Argo and Exploration events play out. These are: Rough Sea, Thunderstorm, Shallow Waters and Wrath of Gods.

In a nutshell, these events will cause some serious losses. By exhausting Heroes for their Sailing skill, you'll be able to mitigate those losses by consulting a table found on each card. Same goes for Wrath of Gods, where you'll be using the Heroes' Mysticism to the same effect. (Sailors and Mystics will provide an additional bonus respectively).

The Feast Exploration event is now more beneficial for the players, as it provides 1 Ration for every 2 Diplomacy points gathered (instead of 4 points previously).

In addition, we're changing the way the "combat" encounters are resolved (Pirates, Hostile Waters and Ambush). There will be several copies of the same card in each deck, with each one having different fixed difficulty numbers. Thus, when resolving these encounters, you only have to roll for Divine Intervention.

Finally, we'll be adding some plositive effects on the Divine Intervention table. Hestia, Demeter and Aphrodite will each give an Argonaut(crew), a Ration and an Item when rolled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Iovis
Greece
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pecovarhy wrote:
Great news. Especially the fact you are thinking about owners of the 1st edition. Could you publish the link to KS in this thread, please? Thanks

PS: Καλή και δημιουργική Χρονιά 2018 έυχομαι!

Definitely! we'll post it here as soon as it's ready!

thank you for your wishes! Και εμείς με τη σειρά μας, σου ευχόμαστε Καλή Χρονιά!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Iovis
Greece
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave in Ledbury wrote:
It's a lovely game (that I play solo).

Will the changes to the game (to be included in the upgrade pack) be playable solo?

Thank you for your kind words Dave

Certainly! We haven't tampered in any way with the game's solo playing option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Iovis
Greece
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AernoutMJC wrote:
Will you let us know when the campaign goes live?
Thanks.

We will keep you posted on every step along the way, Kickstarter page preview, KS campaign launch etc. We will be posting news here on BGG, on Facebook, our website and we'll send newsletters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lunadips Sixsmtih
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I tend to play in ENTROPY Mode a lot as i like the variation and not knowing what is coming next in terms of ports and encounters. It would great if you could include some more content with ENTROPY MODE in mind, maybe as part of the stretch goals? Have you been giving thought to further developing this aspect of the game? If so would love to hear what you have in mind. If not, is this something you'd consider? Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dis Pater
Germany
Colonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the reminder to playtest this forgotten one before I decide to kickstart the second edition. Will do so tonight. First look is positive though: short setup-time, easy-to-grasp mechanism, really cool graphics - now it just has to play well.

One thing though (as I have been a participiant of your last "Argonauts"-Kickstarter): Keep the campaign simple please!

I remember all the confusion about what stretch-goals should be in my box and which cards got replaced and what-not else. So I repeat: please, keep it simple! (And make sure you get your list of components and the description of game setup right and complete this time.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Iovis
Greece
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And here it is! the preview for our upcoming kickstarter campaign!

https://tinyurl.com/y8749ea3

We tried keeping the campaign as simple as possible, with 2 different pledge levels, one for the 2nd edition deluxe version and another one for the 1st edition upgrade pack.

We'd appreciate any feedback
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harris Tsagas
Greece
Preveza
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck!It is one of my favorite games! Great educational source as the whole game is based on historical events. I really find it a great way for the children to be taught this part of the history of Greece.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
porfiros wrote:
And here it is! the preview for our upcoming kickstarter campaign!

https://tinyurl.com/y8749ea3

We tried keeping the campaign as simple as possible, with 2 different pledge levels, one for the 2nd edition deluxe version and another one for the 1st edition upgrade pack.

We'd appreciate any feedback

Done!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The campaign page looks great. I'll be upgrading for sure!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Chapman
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance of seeing some stretch goals with more cards, etc.?

If so, I'm assuming these would be added to the upgrade pack?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christy Love
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The kickstarter is live!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kostis Tolios
Greece
Drama
flag msg tools
designer
redmage9 wrote:
Any chance of seeing some stretch goals with more cards, etc.?

If so, I'm assuming these would be added to the upgrade pack?

Hi Craig,

As we mention in the campaign itself, we will be trying a different approach this time with our campaign. There won't be any stretch goals, just the deluxe version, which includes the mini expansion and the brand new Argo miniature.
As backcers of the 1st edition should remember, the mini expansion was essentially a collection of all the stretch goals achieved by our Kickstarter campaign for the 1st edition of Argonauts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan AllThatJazz
Germany
Dortmund
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in it!!!

- I love the theme.

- I love coop-games.

- The card graphics look awsome.

So, I'm looking forward to November 2018
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Backed it instantly as well and can't wait it to be November.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Liu
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just received the 2nd edition upgrade in Toronto, Canada today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.