Subject: Getting ready to start game 6, is it too late to add Automa? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
montag 66
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I did game 1-3 as 2 player, my daughter joined for 4-5 to make it a 3 player. Now we want to add two Automa's. I'm sure I "can" add them, but is there any reason we should consider not adding them?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
montag66 wrote:
My wife and I did game 1-3 as 2 player, my daughter joined for 4-5 to make it a 3 player. Now we want to add two Automa's. I'm sure I "can" add them, but is there any reason we should consider not adding them?

Thanks.

Two things possibly.

Automa open and build aggressively, which is fine if that's how you're all playing, but perhaps frustrating if you're taking your time unlocking stuff.

The other is just play time. Because they unlock so aggressively, it adds more time that you're digging into the Index for them.

If you decide to add them, go back over the checklist on the back of the Automa rulebook to see if there were cards you would have unlocked for them in previous games. Be sure to check the guidepost notes in the same location.

Best of luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Studley
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Who fell asleep in the rain? Did you fall asleep in the rain? Yes you did. Oh yes you did.
mbmbmbmbmb
mournful wrote:

Two things possibly.

Automa open and build aggressively, which is fine if that's how you're all playing, but perhaps frustrating if you're taking your time unlocking stuff.

The other is just play time. Because they unlock so aggressively, it adds more time that you're digging into the Index for them.

This late in the campaign, the Automa won't be opening nearly as much as it would in the first few games. As opposed to the human players, when it comes time for the Automa to open something, it will only do so if one is available on the Advancement Mat. Because much has been added into the deck, that won't happen very frequently. As far as play time, the Automa often pushes the game forward, so the play time may be even quicker. If you give it a go, I hope you will let us know how it turns out. Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
montag 66
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My thought is that by adding the Automa, we'd turn over the Achievement cards quicker and have more worker bumping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Ward
United States
Newport News
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There will be more worker bumping, and you will probably push forward the progress token faster.

Be sure to go through the Automa index guide at the bottom of the back page of the Automa rulebook to make sure that you unlock Automa-centric rules based on what other rules and story elements you've unlocked up to this point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.