Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Dow
United States
Shawnee
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
What are the odds Pandasaurus will sell an upgrade kit for Dinosaur Island? You know for those of us that would like to have the dinosaur meeples and vip meeples, and metal coins, and extra objectives (I will pay for it). I would like to hear input from everybody but an answer from a Pandasaurus representative would be amazing. Thank you and I anxiously await your response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eagle-Gryphon Games sells Kickstarter Deluxe Edition packs for their big Lacerda games, so it’s not inconceivable that Pandasaurus Games would do something similar. As a gamer who missed The Gallerist Kickstarter, I was greatly appreciative that I could pick up The Gallerist: KS Stretch Goal Pack #2 after the fact. As someone who didn’t miss Dinosaur Island, I wouldn’t have an issue with the deluxe edition extras being sold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koen Wijnants
Belgium
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me 2. Take my money...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Ferrier
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope they at least sell those amazing coins, so heavy but so useful
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Purdon

Twinsburg
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ververken wrote:
Me 2. Take my money...

This.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Graham
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pandasaurus tweeted about a special announcment being released on March 12th. Both Dinosaur Island designers seem to be stoked about it so it very well may have something to do with DI, and possibly an upgrade kit. Total speculation at this point but it seems to have something to do with DI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Perez
United States
Terrell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The answer should be 0%.

I don’t care for the KS Exclusive model in general, although cosmetic upgrades alone don’t bother me so much, but if a publisher/designer advertises something as exclusive and says explicitly that those items will not be available outside of the campaign, they better stick to their word. The Dinosaur Island Deluxe Edition was advertised as just that. The KS exclusive stretch goals and deluxe component exclusives should remain exclusive as the campaign advertised.

I suspect the “special announcement” on 12 March will be something regarding another KS campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Perez
United States
Terrell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
Eagle-Gryphon Games sells Kickstarter Deluxe Edition packs for their big Lacerda games, so it’s not inconceivable that Pandasaurus Games would do something similar. As a gamer who missed The Gallerist Kickstarter, I was greatly appreciative that I could pick up The Gallerist: KS Stretch Goal Pack #2 after the fact. As someone who didn’t miss Dinosaur Island, I wouldn’t have an issue with the deluxe edition extras being sold.

Totally agree, but EGG doesn’t advertise their deluxe editions/components as KS exclusive. Pandasaurus did in this case. Like with CMoN games, I wouldn’t be surprised if many backers’ decisions were heavily influenced by the understanding that they would not be able to get certain components outside of the game ever again (other than through secondary market).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Graham
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Surge1000 wrote:
The answer should be 0%.

I don’t care for the KS Exclusive model in general, although cosmetic upgrades alone don’t bother me so much, but if a publisher/designer advertises something as exclusive and says explicitly that those items will not be available outside of the campaign, they better stick to their word. The Dinosaur Island Deluxe Edition was advertised as just that. The KS exclusive stretch goals and deluxe component exclusives should remain exclusive as the campaign advertised.

I suspect the “special announcement” on 12 March will be something regarding another KS campaign.

Well, if the announcement is for another KS, I assume dinosaur island will get another KS since it is sold out, and they offer an upgrade kit through KS. Then technically it is still a KS exclusive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Purdon

Twinsburg
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JavaGammer wrote:
Well, if the announcement is for another KS, I assume dinosaur island will get another KS since it is sold out, and they offer an upgrade kit through KS. Then technically it is still a KS exclusive.

This man knows the deal. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cedar Creek
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
JavaGammer wrote:

Unfortunately, that's not really how they marketed the deluxe edition - it's up to them, of course, but I imagine they'd have some angry backers:

Quote:
The Deluxe edition comes with everything you see above plus shiny metal coins, special Spot UV on the box, metallic ink on the box, a special numbered edition, and it will never be reproduced for sale again. This will be your only chance to get your hands on the delectable, chrome Deluxe edition of Dinosaur Island!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So a best of both worlds would be this: a Kickstarter for the upcoming expansion (that I'm pretty sure I heard is coming), and an add-on for an upgrade kit. Technically it would still honor the promise of the original Kickstarter campaign. Don't offer the UV coated, numbered box. Just offer the upgraded components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sizzla wrote:
So a best of both worlds would be this: a Kickstarter for the upcoming expansion (that I'm pretty sure I heard is coming), and an add-on for an upgrade kit. Technically it would still honor the promise of the original Kickstarter campaign. Don't offer the UV coated, numbered box. Just offer the upgraded components.

Numbering never made it this time either
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OutOfHabit wrote:
Sizzla wrote:

Numbering never made it this time either

Oof. I wasn't aware of that. I just got the retail version yesterday. The game is terrific.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Purdon

Twinsburg
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But is it tyrannorific? shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Couch wrote:
But is it tyrannorific? shake

I'm pretty enraptored with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Purdon

Twinsburg
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, I've heard the hype, but Iguano know for myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Graham
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DriverDown wrote:
JavaGammer wrote:

Unfortunately, that's not really how they marketed the deluxe edition - it's up to them, of course, but I imagine they'd have some angry backers:

Quote:
The Deluxe edition comes with everything you see above plus shiny metal coins, special Spot UV on the box, metallic ink on the box, a special numbered edition, and it will never be reproduced for sale again. This will be your only chance to get your hands on the delectable, chrome Deluxe edition of Dinosaur Island!

Actually, yes it is. Just read the KS page again. They mention the deluxe not available at retail. Never said not available this campaign only. So, by all means no one should be angry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Perez
United States
Terrell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JavaGammer wrote:
Actually, yes it is. Just read the KS page again. They mention the deluxe not available at retail. Never said not available this campaign only. So, by all means no one should be angry.

Pandasaurus wrote:
it will never be reproduced for sale again. This will be your only chance to get your hands on the delectable, chrome Deluxe edition of Dinosaur Island!

I'm not sure how you're interpreting what they've written as anything other than exactly what it says. "It will never be reproduced again" seems pretty definitive. Or I may just not be understanding what you're saying. "Never said not available this campaign only." I assume you're saying that Pandasaurus isn't reneging on their statement if they produce the deluxe edition again in another KS campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fear The Clown
msg tools
mbmbmb
The same is true with Scythe. The deluxe edition is and never will be produced again but that says nothing about the components within which they have certainly offered up. There is definitely a distinction there to be made if the company so chooses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Perez
United States
Terrell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
feartheclown wrote:
The same is true with Scythe. The deluxe edition is and never will be produced again but that says nothing about the components within which they have certainly offered up. There is definitely a distinction there to be made if the company so chooses.

That isn't really a valid comparison. The Scythe KS advertised from the beginning that there would be no KS exclusive content in Scythe. It was explicitly stated during the campaign that all upgraded game components and promos would be available for purchase post KS. That's quite different than offering what has clearly been labeled KS exclusive content.

They might be able to offer the metal coins again without too much risk of blowback given that they aren't explicitly labeled deluxe exclusive content (i.e. it seems implied, but there is room for ambiguity there). However, most of the rest of the deluxe component upgrades are actually labeled exclusive. Pandasaurus can do whatever they want, but I would find it rather disingenuous of them if they do reproduce those components. I suspect they wouldn't do anything like that though and the speculation regarding the same is just wishful thinking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Graham
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Surge1000 wrote:
JavaGammer wrote:

Pandasaurus wrote:
it will never be reproduced for sale again. This will be your only chance to get your hands on the delectable, chrome Deluxe edition of Dinosaur Island!

I'm not sure how you're interpreting what they've written as anything other than exactly what it says. "It will never be reproduced again" seems pretty definitive. Or I may just not be understanding what you're saying. "Never said not available this campaign only." I assume you're saying that Pandasaurus isn't reneging on their statement if they produce the deluxe edition again in another KS campaign.

Specifically says deluxe edition. If I back a kit on KS that just has the meeples and coins then I don't have a deluxe edition. I don't have the box,pogs, and some of the other deluxe goodness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Graham
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Surge1000 wrote:
JavaGammer wrote:

Pandasaurus wrote:

Also, despite my arguement on KS, everyone insists it isn't preordering. It is supporting an idea. So if it did go back up on KS they wouldn't be selling it. You would be support their vision of the deluxe with risks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fear The Clown
msg tools
mbmbmb
JavaGammer wrote:
Surge1000 wrote:
JavaGammer wrote:

Pandasaurus wrote:

Also, despite my arguement on KS, everyone insists it isn't preordering. It is supporting an idea. So if it did go back up on KS they wouldn't be selling it. You would be support their vision of the deluxe with risks.

Yep and all their wording on KS says is that was your only opportunity to get everything in 1 box with the fancy chrome box. Words matter folks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Graham
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
feartheclown wrote:
JavaGammer wrote:
Surge1000 wrote:
JavaGammer wrote:

Pandasaurus wrote:

Yep and all their wording on KS says is that was your only opportunity to get everything in 1 box with the fancy chrome box. Words matter folks.

This is why an upgrade kit not including the deluxe numbered box and possibly no pogs would be completely legit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.