Chris Grable
United States
Charlestown
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
COVFEFE!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have received my pledge content. I purchased, the base game, Corinthia and the Thermopylae battlefield board. I'm not really interested in MB, just wanted to pick up the Conan crossover stuff and will probably get rid of the base game. However; without opening anything, I was hoping to get an idea of what I would be missing out on for Conan if I keep only the Thermopylae board and the Corinthia box.

I had a brief look at the KS page, and they only list one of the Conan crossover scenario's and I see it uses the Medusa and Hydra from the base box. Meh, it's just one scenario, I have a ton of them. However; if anyone else has opened their boxes, what are the other scenario's for Conan like? Also, is all of the Conan content in just the Corinthia box? I know the one skeleton tile is in the base box, that's ok, it's not like I don't have enough of those. But where are the scenario sheets, are they in the Corinthia box? etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Robinson
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scenario sheets for Conan crossover are in the Corinthia box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Grable
United States
Charlestown
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
COVFEFE!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, that's good to know. Since I'm keeping that one I guess I should just open it and check it out then. The UPS man literally just dropped everything off and for some idiot reason that didn't even cross my mind.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m pretty sure all the scenarios use the Mythic Battles game board maps. Also, character sheets and tiles use figures from the Mythic Battles Core Box. That’s what makes it a crossover. You need the MB Core Box to use it. If you didn’t it wouldn’t be a “crossover.” It would just be an “expansion.”

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Grable
United States
Charlestown
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
COVFEFE!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
DancingFool wrote:
I’m pretty sure all the scenarios use the Mythic Battles game board maps. Also, character sheets and tiles use figures from the Mythic Battles Core Box. That’s what makes it a crossover. You need the MB Core Box to use it. If you didn’t it wouldn’t be a “crossover.” It would just be an “expansion.”

Oh. Boo. Hate to have the whole game taking up shelf space when i'm not interested in it. Ugh, maybe I'll just get rid of it all. Thanks for the heads up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pirateclem wrote:
DancingFool wrote:

Oh. Boo. Hate to have the whole game taking up shelf space when i'm not interested in it. Ugh, maybe I'll just get rid of it all. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm not sure I get the problem. The Crossover basically turns the MB Core Box into a whole new expansion for Conan. More maps, scenarios, and figures. How is that bad? Just think of it as a Conan expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Grable
United States
Charlestown
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
COVFEFE!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
DancingFool wrote:
pirateclem wrote:
DancingFool wrote:

I'm not sure I get the problem. The Crossover basically turns the MB Core Box into a whole new expansion for Conan. More maps, scenarios, and figures. How is that bad? Just think of it as a Conan expansion.

No, on it's face it's not bad. I went all in on Conan so I have three giant boxes of awesomeness taking up space on my shelf and that's with as much compression as possible and putting everything I could into common boxes. This game would be two more giant boxes and I was really hoping to just have the small winged ape expansion that I could put into my Conan boxes. I'm just not intrigued at all by MB as it seems like a miniatures game with the minutia, which to me is the best part of a miniatures game, ripped out.

Just not willing to eat up all that shelf space for a couple more Conan scenarios, oh well my bad. I misunderstood what they were doing. I'll just trade off or sell the MB stuff I guess.

Thanks for the info all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy J
Sweden
flag msg tools
Actually, the Spartoi got a skeleton tile for Conan in the Pandoras box.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/mythic-battle...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.