6 Posts

Deep Sea Adventure» Forums » General

Subject: Prices for different versions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wing M
Canada
flag msg tools
For the longest time I thought this game only comes in Japanese version as import. A few of the Canadian sites including amazon used to have this game in stock and the picture shows the Japanese version, but now it appears they released the NA version? Am I missing something or has the NA version always been available? I'm curious because the price of this game used to be $30CAD and now I see pre-orders available at $20CAD.

I prefer the original Japanese version so I ended up ordering a copy on amazon for $35CAD from a supposedly Japanese seller. I sure hope i'm getting the japanese version. I think the japanese version will become a hot commodity and will be very hard to find if the NA version is available...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
wingm wrote:
For the longest time I thought this game only comes in Japanese version as import. A few of the Canadian sites including amazon used to have this game in stock and the picture shows the Japanese version, but now it appears they released the NA version? Am I missing something or has the NA version always been available? I'm curious because the price of this game used to be $30CAD and now I see pre-orders available at $20CAD.

I prefer the original Japanese version so I ended up ordering a copy on amazon for $35CAD from a supposedly Japanese seller. I sure hope i'm getting the japanese version. I think the japanese version will become a hot commodity and will be very hard to find if the NA version is available...

I think Oink has decided to dip their toe into North American distribution. Several OLGS's now are stocking Insider and Deep Sea Adventure, which I think are the two "pilot" titles to test the waters. These are also the two titles that my FLGS recently told regulars they would be able to sell in shop in the coming months.

AS far as different versions, I bought an import version ages ago from BGG. Japanese and English rules inside. Same goes for the other Oink titles I bought here on BGG ($25 USD) and direct from Oink via Amazon ($22 USD). The price drop you are seeing is probably due to a bulk shipment/distribution in NA and not paying the "import" upcharge rather than a poorer quality product.

And according to the Versions tab here on BGG, Link, they have only added languages to the game with additional printings and included English on the back of the box.

I don't think there is going to be a run on 2014 printings for the sake of "authenticity" or "quality".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wing M
Canada
flag msg tools
JBMoby wrote:

I think Oink has decided to dip their toe into North American distribution. Several OLGS's now are stocking Insider and Deep Sea Adventure, which I think are the two "pilot" titles to test the waters. These are also the two titles that my FLGS recently told regulars they would be able to sell in shop in the coming months.

AS far as different versions, I bought an import version ages ago from BGG. Japanese and English rules inside. Same goes for the other Oink titles I bought here on BGG ($25 USD) and direct from Oink via Amazon ($22 USD). The price drop you are seeing is probably due to a bulk shipment/distribution in NA and not paying the "import" upcharge rather than a poorer quality product.

And according to the Versions tab here on BGG, Link, they have only added languages to the game with additional printings and included English on the back of the box.

I don't think there is going to be a run on 2014 printings for the sake of "authenticity" or "quality".

Ah I see thanks for the quick reply.

By the way, is this site https://gumroad.com/oinkgames legitimate for online orders of Oink games? It doesn't seem to ask for international shipping cost so I wonder...maybe I have to actually proceed further to the payment process before I see the shipping cost?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
wingm wrote:
JBMoby wrote:

Ah I see thanks for the quick reply.

By the way, is this site https://gumroad.com/oinkgames legitimate for online orders of Oink games? It doesn't seem to ask for international shipping cost so I wonder...maybe I have to actually proceed further to the payment process before I see the shipping cost?

Hmmm...

Oink Games' official website is https://oinkgms.com/en/ and all their sales links go straight to Amazon.

It looks nice, but I wouldn't trust it without confirmation from Oink directly.

EDIT: This guy says it worked out for him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mills
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wingm wrote:

Yes, this is the offical Oink Games online store. Shipping is included, I believe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
millsyboy wrote:
wingm wrote:

Yes, this is the offical Oink Games online store. Shipping is included, I believe.

Strange that the Oink games site links to amazon instead of the gumroad page.

Edit: Also I just ordered Troika & Nine Tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls