5 Posts

Rum & Bones: Second Tide» Forums » Variants

Subject: Number of heroes in 2 player? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A S
msg tools
mbmbmb
I've read that in the original version of the game, one fielded all five heroes but could only have 3 on the board at a time.

Any idea what the reason was for the switch in 2nd Tide?

I would like to play the original way but not if it's going to mess up the game in the new state.

Thanks for any and all insights!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Whitley
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You probably will find that it was reduced so that you focus on leveling up the heroes you're playing with. If you increase the number and then swap them in/out, you might end the game before they get to some of their stronger abilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
ZUR13L wrote:
I've read that in the original version of the game, one fielded all five heroes but could only have 3 on the board at a time.

Also in the original, each side had exactly one of each Hero type. You couldn’t have two Swashbucklers, for example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
ZUR13L wrote:

Also in the original, each side had exactly one of each Hero type. You couldn’t have two Swashbucklers, for example.

I think I actually prefer that about the original version.
Is there any reason (that anyone knows of) why the team set-up changed from 5 heroes (one of each type) to 3 of whatever?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Tremblay
msg tools
mb
Was asked way back during the Kickstarter, and the designer said it was a combination of the number of abilities to utilize and track (now that Heroes buy abilities and level them up, making them more complex than the old versions of "this is what he does") and that in the old version people usually kept to the 3 primary Heroes anyway, with 2 always just being underutilized.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.