Hide
9 Posts

Star Trek: Ascendancy – Borg Assimilation» Forums » General

Subject: System Backs - Off colour/Purple? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Street
msg tools
Are the ‘Unexplored’ sides of the new system discs meant to be an odd purple colour rather than blue of the base game?

Makes it obvious what’s coming up in the stack...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luiz Jr
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel the same..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Donnelly
Canada
Unspecified
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just build the stack in reverse and draw from the bottom. arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Hahn
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
thats what happens when you switch factories shake...
don't like it either, but at least we're getting the expansions amirite?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew S.
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find that it’s only noticeable when you compare the old ones and the new ones side by side or when you are specifically looking for the difference. In a normal game, I don’t really notice the difference. Of course, if your eyes are keener then mine then drawing from the bottom of the decks is the commonly held solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goo It seems to me that the same color differentiation was true on at least one of the last two expansions, if not both. Therefore, it wouldn't have all that much of an impact if playing with all the systems, which we always do. (I just didn't mention the original change, it to my players, and we've been ignoring it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Disgustipater
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Exploration cards have the same color difference. I don't see it as too much of a problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Resch
Germany
Rodgau
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I wrote an email to gale force nine. I don't accept this. the color difference is huge! the borg system discs are purple, and the borg exploration cards have a darker blue card back. So you can clearly see what's coming next. The base game costs around 70-100€ here in germany and the Borg expansion around 35€. This isn't acceptable for this price tag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dis Pater
Germany
Colonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HDScurox wrote:
I wrote an email to gale force nine. I don't accept this. the color difference is huge! the borg system discs are purple, and the borg exploration cards have a darker blue card back. So you can clearly see what's coming next. The base game costs around 70-100€ here in germany and the Borg expansion around 35€. This isn't acceptable for this price tag.

Did you hear anything back from them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.